Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on Coconut Nectar? page 2

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I bought some coconut nectar once. Only once. Couldn't stand the flavor - and I love coconut. I trust and buy from TT all the time and I really back them on this issue.

slee11211 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks so much for all this info...just bought my second and LAST bottle. I actually really like the stuff, and have used it any time I'd want a bit of sweetener in something (avocado/coconut pudding in the AM!). But this makes perfect sense and I was wondering about it as an alternative to Agave, which I don't want to buy. So......honey it is. Thanks again. - S

slee11211 is offline Junior Member
    i use that designation because it's not a traditional pancake....it's coconut oil, coconut flour and eggs (so it's not really a pancake either). I'm just trying to figure out what to do for kids that tastes good...not super concerned about "looking like" a caveman.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slee11211 View Post
    i use that designation because it's not a traditional pancake....it's coconut oil, coconut flour and eggs (so it's not really a pancake either). I'm just trying to figure out what to do for kids that tastes good...not super concerned about "looking like" a caveman.
    Lately if I want to sweeten any dessert, fast chocolate or any dipping sauce that needs a sweet counterpart balanced taste, I just use a pinch of Stevia followed by a dollop or two of this rockin' local unfiltered honey I've fallen in loove with. The stevia does most of the sweetening & the honey gives a natural & familiar finishing taste. Excellent results & my testing on "stevia-haters" have been all successful, as they couldn't beleive stevia was the main sweetening agent. Keep experimenting, is my advice.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12