Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: bright red urine? page 5

  1. #41
    palebluedots's Avatar
    palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    340
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks guys. I have been drinking so much water, ugh. So maybe tomorrow I will try drinking more coffee just to switch it up and see if it makes any difference.

  2. #42
    RitaRose's Avatar
    RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    3,952
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Not tea... tea will only add mass to the stone by bathing it in more of what it is made of.
    Good point.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

  3. #43
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Not tea... tea will only add mass to the stone by bathing it in more of what it is made of.
    Also rooibos tea can help. It is not really a tea at all. Whole nuther plant and Cori's doctor has cleared in on the oxylate front. Rooibos has been used in traditional African medicine particularly for urinary issues since before recorded history.

    Not only that, it's very tasty stuff.

  4. #44
    palebluedots's Avatar
    palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    340
    Have tried lots of coffee and rooibos tea. Still in misery. I can't wait until Tuesday morning when I can see the urologist. Cripe!

  5. #45
    Blackcatbone's Avatar
    Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    2,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Also rooibos tea can help. It is not really a tea at all. Whole nuther plant and Cori's doctor has cleared in on the oxylate front. Rooibos has been used in traditional African medicine particularly for urinary issues since before recorded history.

    Not only that, it's very tasty stuff.
    And it translates to "red bush" so there must be something to it . . .

  6. #46
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    And it translates to "red bush" so there must be something to it . . .
    Yes, when the Dutch settlers in South Africa ran out of tea, they decided to figure out what that stuff was that the natives drank and found it was pretty good. Rooibos does mean red bush in Afrikaans because the plant it is made from is a red bush not because your urine turns the plant that color. Germanic languages are good at functional naming of things. Not elegant.

    To palebluedots, yikes. I hope you feel better soon. Don't drink rooibos by the cup, drink it by the pot, several per day. You poor thing. That sounds awful.

  7. #47
    cori93437's Avatar
    cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central FL
    Posts
    6,949
    Have you been drinking lemon juice in water? The more the better.

    That will be most helpful since acidifying the urine can help to dissolve the buildup.
    Though... at this stage... it's a bit late in the game. .
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.


  8. #48
    Blackcatbone's Avatar
    Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    2,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Yes, when the Dutch settlers in South Africa ran out of tea, they decided to figure out what that stuff was that the natives drank and found it was pretty good. Rooibos does mean red bush in Afrikaans because the plant it is made from is a red bush not because your urine turns the plant that color. Germanic languages are good at functional naming of things. Not elegant.
    I wasn't completely familiar with the tea, as I don't like tea, but it just struck me as funny being a treatment for urinary problems. When I was learning Dutch I found that the inelegance had its advantages, as it made learning some words easier, if they were merely conjugations of others. Aardappel=earth apple=potato, vliermuis=flying mouse=bat and so on. Almost makes up for the grammar.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •