Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Time for something else, I think page 5

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    There are drugs that will help you lose weight. If you are on insulin, maybe your doctor could give you drugs to help counteract the insulin making it harder to lose.

While I agree that merely being thin won't make you happy, if you think it will, I won't argue with you. There are aspects of life that do improve when one looks good and feels confident. For example, there are studies that overweight people make less money (particularly women) and have a harder time finding work.

But you have other things in your life that are making you angry over which you have complete control. If I take sympathy and compassion out of my brain for a minute... If you don't like school, the dog, the aging partner, or the job, and you do like gaming, writing, etc., ditch school, the dog, the aging partner, and change jobs.

There's an old Eagles lyric that goes something like, "So often time it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key." Once you're an adult, barring physical limitations, you are free to live your life as you choose within the law (or outside the law as long as you're willing to accept those consequences).

I wish you all the best.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - Gandalf

Jena is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Yep... find a doctor to give you a prescription for Phentermine.
    You'll get thin.
    But you won't learn how to stay thin.
    Good luck.
    Yep... my genius doctor put me on Adipex for a month... I lost 30lbs, but I am pretty sure I felt like what a coke head must feel like. Oh, and I gained it all back. My weight has dropped since being on PB (22lbs), but it has slowed down significantly. My thought is that if it comes off slowly and naturally it will stay off. If you go on some crash diet you may get results, but you'll be back to square one shortly after.
    Cha-cha-cha changes.... turn and face the strange...

My journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66276.html

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jena View Post
    Yep... my genius doctor put me on Adipex for a month... I lost 30lbs, but I am pretty sure I felt like what a coke head must feel like. Oh, and I gained it all back. My weight has dropped since being on PB (22lbs), but it has slowed down significantly. My thought is that if it comes off slowly and naturally it will stay off. If you go on some crash diet you may get results, but you'll be back to square one shortly after.

Truth.
    A pill can make you not want to eat.
    But it can't change your relationship with food.
    If the only difference is a pill or "weight loss DIET"... the weight will come right back.
    Thousands upon thousands of people prove this fact every year.

If the idea is to become a healthy person both physically and mentally... you stand a good chance of making permanent changes to your body, and other aspects of life.
    It's a harder road perhaps...
    But the choice is always yours.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    It sounds like primal is the least of your worries. Honestly there were a couple of things I got out of your posts, namely "my boyfriend moved in and I am really stressed" and "I have to work really REALLY hard in the next few years to support him as he gets older so I have to forego the fun things in my life". Are you really happy in this relationship?? Is he incapable of supporting himself?

I think I'd be resentful as fuck if I was looking at a long term future of working my ass off to support my partner and this meant I couldn't do the stuff I wanted to do. If you're happy with him and madly in love, that's one thing... but it sounded to me like he's just adding to your stress.

You shouldn't have to dump the fun stuff in your life out of duty and obligation (at least not completely). Hell, I've got 3 kids and I STILL aim to do some of the fun stuff I love (or I'd go insane). As for "play", if you're not enjoying it, you're not doing it right . Seriously. Play IS supposed to be the fun stuff!! I mean, instead of whatever you think play is... do some gaming instead. If you don't like meditation, then use that time to read a book, if that's what you like. Doing the stuff you love should be what relaxes you. If you don't like doing it, then it's not going to work.

Aside from that, I understand WHY you are frustrated with your lack of weight loss. My weight went up this week as well, which pretty much sucks from my perspective. Still, I'm trying different things... and I've been able to eat better with PB than I ever did before, so if I can figure out how to keep the weight going down (even if it's slow) then it's all good. If you have to make changes, then make changes. The trick is you HAVE to find something you can stick with. If you can't stick with it, it's not going to work for you, no matter what, as you're just going to resent the way you feel you have to eat.

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Uh oh! I think we lost the person who started this post. But you guys are coming up with some excellent advice. Pretty scary stuff she's going through. I was thinking she definitely needed to find a good home for both the dog and the aging partner and then sit back with a cup of bulletproof coffee or something and have a moment's peace to think what she wanted to do. If she could get a few of the issues cleared up, she could maybe breathe! I was also thinking dog and aging partner must be pretty darn miserable too.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345