Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for something else, I think page 2

parrottrl is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasue624 View Post
    But most of all, find a way to chill. You are wound up tighter than a ball of rubber bands.
    None of the primal-approved ways to chill work for me. Working out leaves me seething with rage. Play, even more so because it's so time-wasting and juvenile. Mediation makes me bored, anxious, antsy, and tends to focus me on the bitter aspects of my life and life in general. I'm too poor to do CrossFit and have trouble finding a safe place to run (and build up my rage while doing it).

I cannot relax anymore. I'm in graduate school, my boyfriend moved in, I have a dog and a job that is far from ideal. I have completely lost the things I truly loved doing - video gaming, reading, writing - in favor of too much other people, other obligations in my life. I'll never get them back, because when I finish school, I'll have to work even harder, put in more hours to advance my career, so I can make enough money to take care of an aging partner.

All I want is to be thin so I can at least feel confident and be comfortable with myself while doing all of this.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    go find a bag and beat the shit out of it
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    So then what is your main beef with the primal blueprint?
    That it isn't working for me! I don't mind the laundry list of rules and regs. I don't mind giving up grains. I never enjoyed ice cream that much. I resent 'playing' so much that my skin literally burns and reddens at the thought, so no, I don't do a lot of it. I don't mind the fat, although I wish it were easier to get enough fiber not to feel sick/constipated five days a week, but that's not the dealbreaker. The lack of progress is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilleh View Post
    I heard speed is great for weight loss AND you can die sooner!
    My job drug tests religiously or I would definitely be on some kind of amphetamine.

Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Are you female? Are you eating something that has gluten and you just don't know it? Either of those would cause it.

Maybe that's the problem. You're trying to work a "physically exhausting job" and then "play" (whatever you call it, you're still expending calories) and then not giving yourself enough fuel to actually function. Something closer to 2,000 calories would probably allow you to do your job and still have enough fuel left to keep your body functioning the way it's supposed to.
    If I ate 2000 calories, I would weight more than 200 lbs by Christmas. My body can't deal with a glut of calories that massive. It is not possible.

The only thing I've added to my diet recently was pumpkin seeds in pretty modest quantities. I read the nutrition info. They're clean. Otherwise, same as it was when I was actually losing a bit.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Hmm... for rage/anger release I used to have a set of headphones with ONLY Slipknot on it (Vol 3 Subliminal Verses, and maybe another Slipknot album... ) And I'd keep cardio pace (on a treadmill or eliptical in a dark theater room) to that until I felt like I was going to literally DIE> and vomit all over the floor and cry and let all the anger spill out and be done with it.

Now, if you follow the words to those songs... and the driving beats... it really takes you on a journey. Kinda cathartic for me.
    But that might be very personal... and could probably get you into some "chronic cardio" area... But, if it's de-stressing you it would be worth it IMO. It was worth it to me.

I also suggest that you seriously consider some counseling or some meditation or some of that shit.
    I had to do that TOO.
    Because as long as you see your life this way, you will stay angry and hate it.
    And being skinny will never change that.
    Not even a little bit.
    Do you really want to feel this way for the long haul?

And if you have to be alive, you might as well learn to be happy.

It's very easy to get a legal prescription for Phentermine, a weight loss amphetamine.
    Last edited by cori93437; 09-16-2012 at 08:55 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    All I want is to be thin so I can at least feel confident and be comfortable with myself while doing all of this.
    You do realize your body composition has no bearing on any of the stresses you listed. So what happens when you get thin and you're still not happy or able to cope with your described miserable life? You cant fix body you hate.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Seems to me you need to learn how to say no. The hardest thing in the world sometimes.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 195 x 3

meeme is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by parrottrl View Post
    That it isn't working for me! I don't mind the laundry list of rules and regs. I don't mind giving up grains. I never enjoyed ice cream that much. I resent 'playing' so much that my skin literally burns and reddens at the thought, so no, I don't do a lot of it. I don't mind the fat, although I wish it were easier to get enough fiber not to feel sick/constipated five days a week, but that's not the dealbreaker. The lack of progress is.
    Are you possibly perimenopausal?

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Hmm... for rage/anger release I used to have a set of headphones with ONLY Slipknot on it (Vol 3 Subliminal Verses, and maybe another Slipknot album... ) And I'd keep cardio pace (on a treadmill or eliptical in a dark theater room) to that until I felt like I was going to literally DIE> and vomit all over the floor and cry and let all the anger spill out and be done with it.

Now, if you follow the words to those songs... and the driving beats... it really takes you on a journey. Kinda cathartic for me.
    But that might be very personal... and could probably get you into some "chronic cardio" area... But, if it's de-stressing you it would be worth it IMO. It was worth it to me.

I also suggest that you seriously consider some counseling or some meditation or some of that shit.
    I had to do that TOO.
    Because as long as you see your life this way, you will stay angry and hate it.
    And being skinny will never change that.
    Not even a little bit.
    Do you really want to feel this way for the long haul?

And if you have to be alive, you might as well learn to be happy.
    Yes.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast