Page 44 of 55 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: I FINALLY had a decent half marathon running on FAT! page 44

Primal Fuel
    Welcome back Relay! We start training for the San Diego Half in March and Rock and Roll San Diego Half in June. Also have the America's Finest City Half in August followed by the Silver Strand Half in November. You definitely sound like you are running faster so you must be doing something right! Happy running!

Loka,
    What's with the binge eating? Don't put the stress of trying to stay away from something you want on yourself! Follow Marks 80/20 rule. Also, take the time to give up these foods if they are bad for you by having them once every 5 days in minimal quantity. Are these foods salty? sugary sweet? Maybe you have some kind of dietary imbalance. Keep a food log and see what you are overeating. I don't eat ice cream everyday but if it presents itself I will have some in moderation. I think if you try to do something cold turkey you will create such stress that eventually you will fail. What's your goal this year? Weight or something running related?

Loka is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hispanicgamer View Post
    Welcome back Relay! We start training for the San Diego Half in March and Rock and Roll San Diego Half in June. Also have the America's Finest City Half in August followed by the Silver Strand Half in November. You definitely sound like you are running faster so you must be doing something right! Happy running!

Loka,
    What's with the binge eating? Don't put the stress of trying to stay away from something you want on yourself! Follow Marks 80/20 rule. Also, take the time to give up these foods if they are bad for you by having them once every 5 days in minimal quantity. Are these foods salty? sugary sweet? Maybe you have some kind of dietary imbalance. Keep a food log and see what you are overeating. I don't eat ice cream everyday but if it presents itself I will have some in moderation. I think if you try to do something cold turkey you will create such stress that eventually you will fail. What's your goal this year? Weight or something running related?
    Hi hi, I've been having a binge eating problem for the past year actually (had super high cholesterol results & just ended a very toxic & draining five year relationship)....food is like the only thing that is on my mind constantly 24/7, other than when I'm running! My weight has yo-yo from 50kg to 44kg to 50kg within the past year & I just can't seem to stop especially last month after my half marathon! It would be a continuous binge of sweet then salty then sweet then salty..... I wanted to try going primal in September to see if I can help control my binge and help in my running, but it seems that the more I run, the more I crave for sweets! I know it's BAD for me that's why it makes me feel worse after I binge 😖.

I want to be able to do my first full marathon in May this year with a decent timing but of cos the vain side of me secretly hope that I'll be able to lose weight and be skinny too...

Cheers 😊

relaygirl is offline Senior Member
    jenry-you are hilarious. I felt like dying I was so busy. I would literally run in the house, fix food and then leave. My husband was sooooo upset--he took the whole 2 weeks off at Christmas and I was barely home.

I'm running the Asheville Half Marathon in March-I'm super excited!

I love the whole marathons coming up for y'all! I'm running one--I just haven't decided which one yet. Its not the Flying Pig because I am doing the half for that one. I have a pink sparkle skirt with a piggy tail on it.

NO CHERRIES today. Wow, I even went to Publix too and did not even think about them. Thank goodness. I'm on a roll again and I am taking the kids with me--they are going to hate it because I am going mostly primal with their snacks. No more granola carb bombs. I was good for a while and then succumbed to the perpetual whine.

Husband is throwing up. It better not get to me until after my race tomorrow because I have to get up at 3:00 am to get there!

Hope your run went well Relay and not a run, vomit, run event.

Loka,

I couldn't lose weight until I tracked my food intake. I used the free app that came with my Fitbit to discover that I was eating 300g of carbs most days. Once I read Mark's book I discovered the secret to effortless weight loss! I can't tell you how happy I am to finally understand food and weight management. Like I said, if you have a weight goal in mind grab Mark's book and read it from cover to cover and then read it again. I am forever in his debt for making a dream into a reality! (Mark, if you're reading this my T-shirt size is Large. )

HG-how is your fitbit? I got one for Christmas and I have gotten over 24,000 steps every day but one that I have had it.

Loka, get off the binge cycle! My liver actually HURTS now when I binge. I know it is so bad for me. I am older than you and it is from a lifetime of bingeing. And all the bad things will continually happen your life-there will always be crappy relationships or money issues or kid issues or something, but you don't have to eat your way through them. It is like a drug--not a good thing. I have spent my whole life dealing with this. I'm finally just down to cherries. Which is fruit so I'm doing pretty good. But I have eaten thousands of calories of ice cream and crap.

I had an awesome half marathon on Saturday. I felt great the whole way and had an awesome 2nd half of the race to the end. I ran 1:51! 9th in my AG-but it was a big AG-they made it 40-49. I don't know why. I am up 5 lbs but I am hoping it is from the race--like water or something. I know it is not fat because I'm able to get into my jeans.

I did not eat anything special or eat during the race. I had coffee and protein powder that morning before and another coffee with coconut milk right before the race. I was running late or I would have made scrambled eggs. I had a cup of water at mile 6.

I am so happy-I did not run the end of that Santa race well, I don't know why. But this one was awesome. I also did not over dress. It was 25 degrees but I just wore regular running tights-not fleece and I wore a thin long underwear top I got at Costco for $9 that is freaking amazing with just a half zip that is fleece lined. I wore gloves and a hat.

I'm cutting back on races for now to save money. I am running a back to back in February. A lot of people are running the Hot Chocolate 15K in a few weeks. I am trying to decide. You do get an awesome jacket and I kick ass at 9 miles.

Oh and it is extremely cold here-I ran dogs today in 20 degrees and snow but told people tomorrow I will take them out to pee but there is no guarantee of mileage. It is just not good for me or dogs at single digits. But I will try-I have fleece lined pants on today and they are super comfy.

Hey Relay,

Love my Fitbit. You'd kick my butt though on steps. I'm office bound so average 10K steps a day. I have 8 friends in my Fitbit competition and we have a lot of fun taunting or cheering each other on. It was the calorie counting app that comes with Fitbit that allowed me to see that I was eating too much carbs, so Fitbit rocks in my book!

Loka is offline Senior Member
    Hey relaygirl......am trying my best to wean off the binge esp on sugar. Past 3 days had been slightly better (to me at least &#128540 as I only had 2 scoops of ice cream daily compared to 5 daily, and OMG....I found myself addicted to apples & cherries (inspiration from you!) instead! I crave apples & cherries in my middle of night binges instead! So technically I'm still having problems with my midnight binges, but on healthier sugar & carbs 😜

On a side note, I ran 15km on both Sunday & Tuesday (rested on Monday)....is it too much for my body or shall rest longer in between? I'm feeling good but my legs are really tight.....

Cheers 😊

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    My next is also in March - Bataan Memorial Death March. Running is hit or miss right now. I had been eating very poorly and it impacted my body's ability/willingness to run without nerve pain. I'm following Whole30 again, so with any luck it'll be right as rain again in a couple of days. It's been really really cold and I've been really really wussy so I haven't done much outdoor running. This weekend is supposed to near the 40's so I plan to sneak out for a few miles.

Great job on the half! I also ran one over the Christmas holiday.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Jenry Hennings is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Has anyone here gone through a period of not wanting to run, or getting a bit fed up with it? Personally, it's a rough time for me but instead of running to help, I feel lethargic, don't want to leave the house, and just bored with everything including running. I'm binging on peanut butter like it's the last day on earth, and the inevitable spiral of guilt related eating habits continues.. It's not the food choices, they're all healthy homemade treats, but just far too many and when I'm full, I just keep eating until nausia hits. (I feel my mood and outlook will improve once I get this under control.)
    BTW I know theres obviously more to it than that in terms of the mental help front, but that's not for here really, but as far as the first question goes (motivation), have there been times when you thought 'Nope..' on more than one consecutive occassion? I ask because I used to love my long runs, and right now, I should be doing one. And on the subject of binge eating, how do you deal with it and keep it under control (if it's an issue to you?)
    Thanks, and sorry for the mood killer question

Page 44 of 55 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast