Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: I FINALLY had a decent half marathon running on FAT! page 40

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Nice work, dvuong!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

hillfinnie is offline Junior Member
    I'm a mama trying to lose weight also. How long did it take before you started to lose? I'm eating 25g of carbs or less for 4 weeks and haven't seen the scale budge. Does it take a while for fat burning to start up?

So, between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I'm thinking about doing low carb - not VLC, but low carb. How do you think this will work? I think it'll be comical until the fat burner fires back up and I get passed the carb flu.

Jenry Hennings is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hillfinnie View Post
    I'm a mama trying to lose weight also. How long did it take before you started to lose? I'm eating 25g of carbs or less for 4 weeks and haven't seen the scale budge. Does it take a while for fat burning to start up?
    You won't lose anything by carb restriction alone. If your not eating less, you won't lose weight.
    As for fat burning, generally it takes a few weeks to adapt, and running or any exercise will feel horrible, but help speed the process

hillfinnie is offline Junior Member
    So I need to eat less protein and fat also? How much did you have to cut back? I've been reading that I'm supposed to not be counting calories.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Not everyone loses weight by going very low carb. Some actually do better with more primal carbs - potatoes, sweet potatoes, bananas. You may want to experiment by adding a potato -- or at least by not counting your macros. Also, you say you haven't seen the scale budge - but what about the tape measure/your clothes? Are you losing inches even if you're not losing pounds?
    F, 43 years old, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Jenry Hennings is online now Senior Member
    So I need to eat less protein and fat also? How much did you have to cut back? I've been reading that I'm supposed to not be counting calories.
    I 'cut back' just by eating healthily. I exercised a lot as well and everything else took care of itself. I did count before, but only as a guide to see just how much I ate in a day. A tool, nothing more.
    Assuming your exercise, keep protein at a moderate level. Too much will only be converted to carbs thus becoming useless, especially when trying to restrict them.
    As for fat, when you cut carbs, fat replaces those calories, but overeating them will be stored as fat. As long as your eating your goal caloric intake for the day, you won't put fat on.

Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    Not everyone loses weight by going very low carb. Some actually do better with more primal carbs - potatoes, sweet potatoes, bananas. You may want to experiment by adding a potato -- or at least by not counting your macros. Also, you say you haven't seen the scale budge - but what about the tape measure/your clothes? Are you losing inches even if you're not losing pounds?
    Jackie!! Long time no see! How ya been?

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Jackie!! Long time no see! How ya been?
    Good! Back on primal and feeling good! Going to run my first-ever 5K tomorrow. (Well, "run" isn't correct. Jog? Plod?) How about you?
    F, 43 years old, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm good. "Run" is a subjective term... I think it means anything that is not a walk, skip, jump or gallop. Good luck with it! May your feet be fast and your body able to keep up.

Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast