Page 37 of 54 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: I FINALLY had a decent half marathon running on FAT! page 37

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I didn't do back to back 13's... relaygirl did.

Right now, my shins and quads are the most angry with me. They actually hurt - like not DOMS pain, but actual pain with tender spots. I plan to rest all week to allow them to recover - and will eat good foods, increase protein and all that jazz for the repairs.

I think I met my limit this weekend. My currently limit, anyway. It's a limit that I fully intend to break. 15.5 miles might have been perfectly do-able on flat terrain and 12.4 miles on trails might have been completely do-able. But 15.5 miles on trails might have been a bit much for me at this time. Oh well. I did it. I'm not injured - just extremely sore. I will recover to run another day.

yes, going up and down stairs is terrible... in fact, I don't remember climbing the stairs to my office, so I must have blacked that memory out already.
    ahhhh well reading is fun-duh-mental..... Apparently I need to go back to school.....

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Feeling so much better today. The pain is barely noticeable now - I have to actually think about it to feel it. Spent a lot of time with The Stick last night and then my thumbs to massage out the areas that hurt the worst right before bed. Woke up fully functional. May go out for a run tomorrow if the weather is warm enough - toes get cold in vibrams and I am procrastinating on buying something warmer. Thinking maybe a simple pair of 0mm drop shoes. What's everyone else wear?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

relaygirl is offline Senior Member
    jenn-I'm so glad you are feeling better-put that pain in your running bank--it will make you stronger. I hate sitting on the toilet the most when I feel like that-it is so hard to get up and down! If running seizes your muscles-just walk and mentally keep the muscles loose-I learned that in chi running.

Y'all, I had a mani/pedi and the guy said my nails were twice as strong as last time! I swear it is this collagen and it has only been 3 weeks. They actually look good--I have had horizontal ridges in my thumb nails for YEARS and they went away!!! And I've gotten tons of compliments on my skin-which I am NOT good to-I use crap from Wal-Mart to wash it.

I'm ordering 2 more cans of collagen on Friday. I have about 2 tbl a day--which is the recommended amount. I split it up in coffee, tea, protein shakes, chili, etc. -like 1 tsp at a time.

I'm not in 0 drop shoes but I am loving my mizuno wave precisions on the road-extremely light. I just got another mizuno neutral shoe off ebay, I can't remember which one and I am waiting for it to arrive.

I'm thinking I am just going to retire my mountain masochist-I wore those because they were stiffer than my new balance trail shoes and I thought they would help my toe more. Not.

I'm running really well this week. I am hopeful for my t-giving day half. I might sign up for 2 whole's next year. It has been 2 years since I have done a whole. I've run ultra relays and things but not a marathon. I am thinking Savannah for the 2nd one.

Huarache Gal is offline Senior Member
    May go out for a run tomorrow if the weather is warm enough - toes get cold in vibrams and I am procrastinating on buying something warmer. Thinking maybe a simple pair of 0mm drop shoes. What's everyone else wear?
    Jenn - hope you don't mind my responding even though I don't contribute here.

For fall/winter, I've been using Merrell Road Gloves for road running and Sonic Gloves for mixed road/off road. I wear the mens model though as the women's is too narrow for me. I also recently bought a pair of Altra Superiors (womens) that I really like.

Thank you, Huarache Gal.

relaygirl is offline Senior Member
    Ooooh Huarache Gal-my uncle is an Altra rep. Maybe I should give him a call. Post anytime!!!

Okay, I just made 4 lbs of Mexican chili in my pressure cooker--GF ground beef, 1 quart of homemade salsa from my tomatoes, sea salt, chili powder, cumin, pepper, a little oregano. That should get us through the weekend.

I talked to my chiropractor who told me the transition between 0 mm drop shoes and vibrams is minimal so I should be ok to run in 0 mm drop shoes this winter. I'm looking at Nike Frees b/c they look like they'll keep my feet the warmest. But the Minimums by NB looks good too. I think I'm going to have to find a store and try stuff on.

Jenry Hennings is offline Senior Member
    I talked to my chiropractor who told me the transition between 0 mm drop shoes and vibrams is minimal so I should be ok to run in 0 mm drop shoes this winter. I'm looking at Nike Frees b/c they look like they'll keep my feet the warmest. But the Minimums by NB looks good too. I think I'm going to have to find a store and try stuff on.
    I had the minimus trail and i would recommend them. Wore them to the point of mesh-rippage, and then i wore them some more. Took a long time before stones penetrated the mid sole, and even now, I could still wear them

Were they warm, Jenry? I live in the midwest and need something warm. Waterproof/resistant would be ideal, but then we're talking gortex and heavy... Not sure I'll find a minimalist shoe with gortex...

Jenry Hennings is offline Senior Member
    Were they warm, Jenry? I live in the midwest and need something warm. Waterproof/resistant would be ideal, but then we're talking gortex and heavy... Not sure I'll find a minimalist shoe with gortex...
    I never wore socks with them, i assume you won't either? Living in britain it gets wet and cold and snowey at times, and I had success with new balance MT110s, i think i've mentioned them before? Same mould as the minimus which allows a foot spread, but a definite shoe and a barely noticable 4mm drop. Mine has worn right down now though! I think you'd better suit VivoBarefoot. Minimal, wide toe box, 0drop and thin sole, no support whatsoever,they can be worn with socks and I think one of their trail shoes is a waterproof design.. They're probably your best bet!
    Plus I have a 30%discount code for their products, if you like!

Page 37 of 54 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast