Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: I FINALLY had a decent half marathon running on FAT! page 35

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm glad the ART doc was able to fix you up! I see mine today to have my toe worked on and the top of my foot. I went out for a 3 miler and the top of my foot started to hurt in the last mile... no way I'll make it through 12 miles if it hurts after 2!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

relaygirl is offline Senior Member
    jenn, the ART guy is good with my hips too. I'm so glad I met my deductible. Thanks for encouraging me to go back.

I ran really well today. I only had 2 clients and my last one is very athletic and we did sprints! Toe is fine.

I hate that I had that bad race-I'm still dwelling on it. My friend really helped me today though telling me about a bad day she had last week and then having an awesome run the next. She galloways but still feels it like I do.

Planning ahead to my t-giving day half, I feel better about it now. I will get 2 ART sessions in before the race. We are going to Florida the first part of the week before Thanksgiving and I love running on the beach where we go in the panhandle. It will be nice and easy and flat for kind of a taper-which I never do but its vacation. And I will have to get out of the house because my mother is going. I can eat lots of awesome seafood too that week. I love the food down there.

Trained today and deadlifted 160. I'm hanging in there, not my best but good for me. I can't remember what my back squat was but I ended with 3 x 10 heavy.

Glad to read that your Toe is not affecting your running. A bad day of running always beats a good day of ......... Nah, a bad run is always a bad run. Put it this way Relay girl, now you have someplace to do better from. One more week to go for my Half on the 17th. Running fasted has been eye opening and I plan on doing it for this Half. I'll carry a hand water bottle and carry nuun to recharge as I run. I will also keep a couple Stingers in my pocket in case I feel the need for them. Have a great weekend everyone!

Loka is offline Senior Member
    Good luck to your half next week Hispanicgamer 👍

2 more hours to my first half.....getting jittery now 😬

From a little island in S.E.A.

Hope your race went well Loka! Grok on!

OMG 😱 I can't believe I actually did it! My first half marathon .

Despite the rain, and 2 diarrhoea trips along the run, I did it on empty (does 2 black coffee in the morning count?) and no sleep (too nervous I guess) in an estimated time of 2hr 18min (official time to be out in 48 hours - nervous &#128531.

Ok it's officially over....no more excuses to carb load on ice cream like mad now.....gotta start looking at my diet & binge eating problems one by one now.....

Cheers 😊

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    I don't follow this thread, but had to pop in when I saw Loka's joy. Very awesome!!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    I don't follow this thread, but had to pop in when I saw Loka's joy. Very awesome!!

Thank you thank you! Yes I'm delighted! This thread has been my inspiration for the past few weeks! Now I'm addicted, haha, both to this thread and to joining another long race!

Cheers 😊

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    You go Loka. :-)

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Great job, Loka! The first is always the hardest. Now you know what to expect and can relax for later races!

I'm glad the ART is working well for you, Relay. I think it is the only reason I have been able to continue running. All those annoying pre-injury issues get taken care of and allow me to keep going before becoming a real problem.

I ran a trail race today. It was called the Wildcat 50k, but the way it's set up, you're encouraged to pick your own distance and run for fun. I set out for 20k with the seedling in my head to do 30k. After 20k, my IT band was telling me I should quit, but my head and heart really wanted to keep going, so I compromised with 25k. Today I ran 15.5 miles for the first time in my life on the hardest course I have ever run. No matter how many times I run this course, it is hard and kills me! It took me 3:52:54 to complete. I did not do it fasted. I did not fuel properly in the days leading up to be able to do it fasted. And there was entirely too much good food along the route. I am thrilled with how I did, allbeit slowly, and am excited to do it again next year.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast