Page 21 of 55 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: I FINALLY had a decent half marathon running on FAT! page 21

cthy is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My half marathon flag off is tomorrow morning at 5am! Any advice on what I should eat today to fuel up?

relaygirl is offline Senior Member
    cthy--just keep it meat and veg and sweet potato-you should do awesome!

I ran pretty slow and I was so tired for my race-but I came in 4th in my age group! Out of 44.

I will type more later-my son has a Bar Mitzvah reception during the Alabama game and he is SO mad!

jenn-how did it go?!? I hope well

My 10k was awesome--I ran with my friend in 1:10. I don't think it even registered on my run radar that I was running. I have run with her for many years--I did her longs with her during marathon training 2x. I knew what I was in for It rained the whole time but it was okay.

Next up is a 15K on the 15th, I think. I placed in it 2 years ago so I hope I run okay this year. Then I ran 8 min miles at that distance and I don't do that anymore.

I am back on track food wise. I am still using protein shakes and eating frequently but more whole foods when I can get them in. I feel so much better. I don't know why my addict brain shifts over to demanding ice cream. I feel so good when I am eating well and I feel crappy when I eat (tons of) ice cream. Therefore, it seems I would not want the ice cream...BUT I DO!!!

I really like choc whey powder mixed with 12 oz of la Croix, a big handful of spinach, 1/2 cup frozen cauli, ice and an egg.

I also mix 12 oz of coffee with vanilla whey powder, 1/4 cup coconut milk, and as it is mixing, I add in in egg so it won't scramble in. It gets super frothy and I drink half and put half in a thermos to have after my first doggy client of the day.

I am mad at my self because if I had stuck with it I would have been back in my hot jeans by now but I will get there by the time it gets cold. I WILL, I WILL, I WILL!!!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by relaygirl View Post
    jenn-how did it go?!? I hope well
    It. Was. Amazing!!

here's the link to my write-up in my journal, complete with pics! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1299400

I hope that works... if not, it's on page 417.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Great job on the 1/2 marathon!

cthy is offline Junior Member
    I managed to finish it in 2.5hours! Not impressive but I'm satisfied, considering its my first.
    Thanks for the advice!!

cthy and jenn!!!!! Yay!!! I'm so happy it went well. jenn-your pictures were great and it looked like a good race-not crowded and scenic!

I am sticking to my guns, mostly. I did have a single (big) bite of Blue Bell Banana Cream Pie ice cream which is on my husbands side of the freezer. It was divine. That is the end of the artificial stuff though-once that is gone he is back to all natural or homemade ice cream. So that was into my W30 but that is okay. I feel better but don't look a lot better. It gets harder and harder once you slide down the slippery slope to get your head and body back in the game.

I made a huge batch of taco soup with ground beef and my homemade broth for this weeks lunches. It is really good.

Running easy this week-nice and slow. I was so sore and run down the past 2 weeks, I just want to get out of bed and feel good!

jenn-keep your training up and sign up for another half!

I have another half on the 22nd, possibly one in October, a possible 20k (on technical trails) in November, and a half in December. At some point I'd like to run a full, but I don't know when you know for sure you're ready for something like that, and since I don't know if I'm ready, I'm going to wait. Besides, my kids are really young and it puts my husband in a standstill on his day if I am out running forever, so maybe once my kids are older and can stay home by themselves.

I'm doing Whole30 right now too! YAY! I agree about how hard it is to get back in the game once you allow yourself to slide. Hence my current Whole30.

Hey! Quick question for you.

On Sunday the 1st, I ran my half. Then on the following Saturday I ran 5 miles. This weekend I was scheduled to run 10, followed by a half next weekend.

Is 10 miles wise for the week before the half? The weekend before my last half, I ran 7 miles, with 10 miles the weekend prior.

I just want to feel fresh and strong for the half, but I don't want to cheat myself by doing too little either. What are your thoughts?

Jenn- I would do the 10-you are keeping your fitness level high-not just trying to get through the half. Just know that with your race schedule you may have a bad race and you question running so much and running 1/2's -but just keep going.

When I became a half fanatic (which you should join!) and I was running my half challenge for myself I had run 12 half marathons that year and my 13th I was going to kill-I knew it and turned out awful. I could not believe it could happen to me after how many miles and races I had improved on and knocked out of the park. I could only put my head down at mile 8 and pray for the good Lord to pull me to the end. I was barely moving. It sucked. I doubted everything about my running up to that point. And of course, I had a relay the next week. I was so worried about the relay and being part of a team when I had run so poorly. Well, The relay was awesome and I put up my fastest 3 miles of my life (as an adult) on my last leg--21:30. (that will never happen again )

So, keep the miles up-do the 10. It will make the next half easier. The miles become old hat to your body. Mentally you steel yourself for the miles and you find a rhythm you only get after running the mid distance regularly, I think.

I'm sticking to my plan. I feel strong. I am going to try to PR my deadlift tomorrow.

Page 21 of 55 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast