Page 19 of 55 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: I FINALLY had a decent half marathon running on FAT! page 19

meloroaster is offline Senior Member
    haha weird that they would call it that and not allow dogs! although i can only imagine that might get a little hectic!

good luck on the half! i probably won't run one until next year. the next 3 months will be super busy and i cannot wait to move back home!

speaking of splurging, i made a homemade pizza last night. used to be my go-to friday night. i was majorly craving so did it. mmmmmmm so good but we'll see how my gut feels during my 12k today! meanwhile...back on the wagon.

also, tried zoodles for the first time this week and i cannot believe i have been missing out! this is the MOST satisfying pasta substitute ever! with some homemade garlic scape pesto and moose meatballs it was so yum.

happy weekend!

relaygirl is offline Senior Member
    I got 2nd my age group in the 5k!!! I am a terrible 5k runner but in the little pool I guess I was okay I ran 8:15 miles which is what I used to run half marathons at but I was happy. I was so surprised. I am feeling much better.

meloroaster is offline Senior Member
    congrats!!! that's awesome. never say how many people in the pool when you do well. that's the rule.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    8:15??? Holy mackerel! That's fast. Great job.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Thanks y'all! I never run 5k's-maybe I will start running more

I started adding liquid egg whites to my protein shakes for 5 more grams of P per shake. It makes them super frothy too. After I lose just a few more lbs I will add the whole egg! I think when you have muscle you really have to fight for every ounce to come off.

I deadlifted 153 last week too-that is higher than when I hurt my back a few months ago! I was super excited. Not a lot for some people but it is close to my PR from a few years ago.

My half is Saturday NIGHT-yuck. It will be at 100% humidity and 90, I am sure. What are the temps that y'all are running in?

melo-can you make the pizza crust with Pamela's baking mix? Or cauliflower? I've never tried zoodles. For my kids I still just buy pasta and I did not love pasta before so it was easy for me to give up. But I will try them for the kids.

I made really good simple chicken parm on the go this weekend. I got a deal on a bunch of free range chickens so I bought 10 of them. I browned one on all sides in my pressure cooker with sea salt, garlic powder and pepper, and then scraped the bottom with an organic hard cider, added a little homemade broth, put the chicken on a rack in the cooker and cooked for 30 min. It was a 6 lb chicken!!! Anyway, I pulled the skin off and easily took all the meat off. I then made more broth with the bones in the pressure cooker.

So, I took half the pulled meat and mixed it with Rao's marinara, a little Italian spice and some parmesan cheese-just stirred it all together then I baked it in individual dishes with more parm on top so it got bubbly. The kids LOVED it. It was nuts because it was so easy. And it was really nice to scoop some out for my husbands lunch today-very simple for on the go. Would be good with sautéed spinach in it too.

I will maybe do a Mexican version with homemade enchilada sauce queso fresco rolled up in a low carb tortilla for the kids tonight and then just scoop the meat out for my husband for dinner and lunch top with avocado and fresh pico.

3 doggy clients today and NO rain-they hate the thunder.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear about your heat and humidity. Here in Sonoma county (NorCal) its been a runners dream, highs in the mid 70s with low humidity. Not doing a lot of running currently but when I do ts usually around 60 when I run first thing in the morning. (If I choose to do a long run on the trail along the ocean near Bodega Bay its in the 50s in the morning.) Good luck on your half marathon!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Iowa has been much the same way - mid 70's with low humidity, which is really strange for this time of year. We're usually holed up in our houses with the A/C on and don't even think about going outside between 9 am and 8 pm. So very weird this year!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Yay! I am so excited for my half tomorrow. I have my alien green shimmery sparkle skirt ready to go! I am expecting great things from myself. I just really want to finish under 2 hours since I finished past 2:00 last year-that was in the running rut I was in for a while when I switched to high fat--it was 97 last year. BUT we are in a cold snap now!!! Yippee! It was 71 today. Unheard of in Georgia in August. It is crazy comfortable.

I walked my doggie clients today to save my hamstrings. And I have a friend coming over to run the race from South Carolina. She wants to run slow. Maybe her slow is my fast?

canuck-wow. NoCal is my dream retirement. I would love to run there.

jenn-I guess I forgot you were in Iowa. I have runner friends on my relay team in Iowa. They love it.

The race was awesome!!! I ran 1:55. My split was so good but I faltered a bit at the end. It was really dark and they did not light it very well. Next year I will wear my headlamp. I was 10th in my old lady age group out of 210 so that is awesome. The masters champion female ran 1:24!!! OMG!

My right hamstring was sore, I guess from training on Thurs. It is really sore today. I biofreezed last night and took ibuprofen last night and this morning. I did some yoga. It is a medium throb not a sharp pain. But my friend ran an Ultra Ragnar yesterday and did 36 miles so I'm fine she is in PAIN.

I carried my water bottle and I used 2 nuuns during the race. I had 2 salt stick tablets-1 at mile 7 and 1 at mile 12. Since it was a night race I ate a late lunch. I had a filet over spinach with avocado with 1.5 cups of bone broth with sea salt. on the way to race I had a protein shake mixed with 2 cups of coffee. It was just odd because it was a 7pm start-and I get up at 5:30 in the morning. It was a super long day! My friend wanted to have food late so we went to a Mexican place and I had shrimp fajitas and just ate them off the plate with fresh guac.

My next half is August 31. I will do less squats the Thursday before that one.

Anyone else run this weekend?

cthy is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi all!

I have an upcoming half marathon on 1 September, and would like to get some advice for the race.

I'm 17, female, 125lb, 1.6m, been primal since jan 2013. I'm already fat adapted, I run 12-18km once a week on top of my sports training (6 days a week) to train for it.

Is there anything I can take note of or any tips anyone can provide?

Thanks!

Page 19 of 55 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast