Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fat Head - The documentary page 2

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Glad to see you're still keeping an open mind, Barefoot Gentile!

I'm still working on another friend, who's still rationalizing away my primal arguments. Maybe he'll come around, but I don't have much hope for him.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

ATTAACK is offline Member
    Thanks so much for posting a link to his lecture. I watched the movie and enjoyed it, but this was a lot more concise.

ozzy is offline Junior Member
    Saw this thread and thankfully it was on Netflix to watch instantly..almost finished and it is hilarious

lissee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBrennan View Post
    I'm not so quick to assume that mere "pride" is to somehow blame for this catastrophic, lethal, decades-long epidemic. Not with the brains, research, media watchdogs, and other forces all at work.

To me, it bears the hallmarks of design, not just an accident of "pride".

I mean....the U.S. News & World Report repeatedly has rated paleo the worst diet in its all-important, much-hyped "Best Diets" study. Saying that George McGovern is somehow to blame for that is silly. There are other forces at work and other agendas. This is my opinion.
    Oh, I'm thinking of that original guy who pushed his agenda. Who wasn't humble enough to not go back and revisit the data once contrary studies were coming out, and who just moved forward because he knew he was right despite manipulating the data in the first place. He knew he was right. To me that's pride.

The rest? It's just a series of unfortunate events that led to intimidation, fear mongering, and hopeful trust in the wrong belief.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12