Thread: Haha, I got My Exercise Today! page

Wildrose is offline Senior Member

Red face Haha, I got My Exercise Today!

Primal Fuel
    I had a misadventure today. My day started off relatively good. I was tired, didn't sleep too too well, but decided to walk down to the chiropractors instead of driving. My dad was going golfing. I didn't think much of it, just grabbed my credit card, a water bottle and headed out the door.

On the way back home - maybe an hour and a half later, it's a goodly walk - I thought. He wouldn't have locked the door, would he? He knows I'm going on a walk. Uh... uh-oh. And I started hot footing it home. When I tried the door and found it was locked my thoughts were unprintable.

I simply couldn't stay outside. I work from home and had to start work in an hour. I also needed my car keys to go pick up grass fed beef on my break. The farm people only come to my city once a month, it was do or die! But I was not going to break out a window. So I went to the back and managed to fiddle the fence lock open from the outside, and squeeze in... not that easy, we used a rock to keep the door shut and prevent the dogs from getting out under the bottom of the door! (They're wee, little dogs.) Once that was done I tried to figure out how to get in the house. There was a window with a screen. I tore out the screen - dad can pay for that - and managed to jimmy to window open. But what to do then? The window was way too high to just pull myself in.

Well! First I tried a lawn chair, but that wasn't high enough either. Maybe if I were doing chin-ups, but I'm not at that stage yet. Then my eye fell on the barbecue. It's a nice Weber barbecue, very solid. I dragged it into position, used the lawn chair and climbed onto the Weber. That did the trick! Then I had to slide through the window, letting gravity do its thing. Fortunately there was a table and a small fridge in the way, so I was about to hold onto them and just kind of slither onto the floor, butt first. Needless to say it was a touch messy!

I can't imagine I would have been able to do that when I was 70 pounds heavier and completely out of shape. On the negative side, this house is distressingly easy to burgle. Or maybe I have a future in crime? Either way, I credit primal/paleo living for getting me through my shenanigans...!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Great story Wildrose, thanks for sharing.

brighthorse is offline Senior Member
    Good for you!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Pretty funny story. Once I saw that it's easy to break into sliding glass doors because they can actually flex. Just push and they flex enough to unlock. I showed that to my mom on her glass door. She got one of those little bolts for the bottom after that.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2