Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the deal with bulletproof coffee and what is it suppose to do?

Hybrid View

What is the deal with bulletproof coffee and what is it suppose to do?

I read through the original topic on it long ago and i see topics about pop up up every now and then but im still confused as to why people are putting butter their coffee.

To make them not feel hunger longer.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Personally, I prefer coffee with cream I can't actually imagine putting butter in coffee! Does it actually taste good, or is it sort of gross??

Unsalted butter tastes about the same as a good cream in coffee. A little coconut oil and a pinch of cinnamon add a nice touch.

But I don't think its a dietary wonder tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Picaro View Post
    Unsalted butter tastes about the same as a good cream in coffee. A little coconut oil and a pinch of cinnamon add a nice touch.

But I don't think its a dietary wonder tool.
    Butter is made from churning cream so the similarity in taste isn't surprising.

I put 1-2t coconut oil in mine. I love it! I've used ghee, too. Not butter. I also add coconut milk (So Delicious; not canned).

Lubes you up for the day as well.

I thought it was going to be disgusting. I was wrong. However, you have to be OK with the oiliness.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

I still don't get understand what's so wrong about eating if you are hungry.. why make yourself miserable? If you're hungry, eat.

Quote Originally Posted by croll View Post
    I still don't get understand what's so wrong about eating if you are hungry.. why make yourself miserable? If you're hungry, eat.
    I am not hungry in the morning. This gives me the feeling that I've given my brain at least a little fuel. I've never been a breakfast eater, but I would start to binge around Noon. For some reason, the addition of fat first thing in the AM helps keep that to a minimum.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

I think it's a quick way to increase fat intake from dairy without worrying about some of the compounds in milk or cream.

I tried it this morning, and it actually is delicious. But then, I like a dark roast of oily beans in the first place, so the oil slick on top was a plus in my book. It doesn't really change the taste of the coffee very much, just the "mouthfeel" a bit.

I like coconut oil in green tea, but I'm not sure about putting it in coffee.

We have been doing a mix of coffee/roasted cacao (Crio Bru?)... yeah, french pressed, then blended with grass-fed unsalted butter and some MCT oil.

It tastes rich and creamy, and the additional fat helps with not having cravings. Not having cravings is a glorious plus in my life. It also delivers good, healthy fats that I might not otherwise get in my daily diet.

Makes me happy. Is there a better reason than that?