Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the deal with bulletproof coffee and what is it suppose to do? page 3

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    All I got to say is ....Coconut Cream.....stuff is AWESOME! I'm one of those people who can't handle coconut oil by the spoonful. I don't much love butter in my coffee either. I DO like heavy cream in my coffee, BUT the coconut cream lets me get that ever so valued coconut fatty acid profile that I've been missing . If you can I highly recommend using plenty of it in your coffee, especially if shooting for that ketotic kick. I'll be honest, I'm not exactly aiming for ketosis, but I find that coconut fat has enough positive attributes that just finding a way to have incorporated more of it makes me happy.

Oh, and I'm also not a fan of that coconut oil slick that you get when trying to put coconut oil in the coffee.....blah!

FlyingPig is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post

Oh, and I'm also not a fan of that coconut oil slick that you get when trying to put coconut oil in the coffee.....blah!
    Blending takes care of that...

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Make sure it's unsalted butter. Many use Kerrygold. I use an inexpensive battery operated frother. I use a tablespoon or a little less of the butter and put it in my cup, fill the cup about half full or a little less with hot coffee, froth and then add the rest of the coffee. It's not much different than using heavy cream except maybe a little fattier. I've also done this with the brewing chocolate aka Crio Bru, Choffy, or roasted cacao beans from Chocolate Alchemy (3 brands I'm aware of). This not something I do everyday. It's more of a treat for me.

redskater is offline Junior Member
    When I first read about this coffee I thought you were all nuts! But I have to say, I tried it yesterday and I'm hooked! I thought, how odd that it tastes that good! anyway, I worked out this morning, then had the coffee and it's now almost 11:30 and I'm just now getting hungry. I really suffer from Low Blood Sugar ( I might even be Hypoglycemic) so it's very hard for me to go long without food. This might be a big help for me to get some more fat in my diet.

Thanks for this great tasting tip!

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Madrox View Post
    This what gets me though. How are staying fasted by fat in your coffee that is in upwards of 100 calories? Does this not break the fast? Why not just eat a banana or apple or carrots if you need to hold yourself over until a bigger meal? What's the difference?
    I would also say that having the carbs in the banana or apple would get you straight out of ketosis, AND would produce enough of an insulin response that you'll struggle to keep going another few hours without eating. Having a meal of pure fat, on the other hand, should keep you in ketosis and thus fat burning, AND should keep you satiated so you won't need to eat for another few hours.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fireling View Post
    I would also say that having the carbs in the banana or apple would get you straight out of ketosis, AND would produce enough of an insulin response that you'll struggle to keep going another few hours without eating. Having a meal of pure fat, on the other hand, should keep you in ketosis and thus fat burning, AND should keep you satiated so you won't need to eat for another few hours.
    The insulinogenic effects of dairy in your coffee can accomplish the same thing as an apple.

TwinkleToes is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Madrox View Post
    I read through the original topic on it long ago and i see topics about pop up up every now and then but im still confused as to why people are putting butter their coffee.
    Coffee with butter??? I canít imagine mixing butter with coffee. Normally I use cream to enhance its flavor.

Is That Really O?

Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    The insulinogenic effects of dairy in your coffee can accomplish the same thing as an apple.
    Do you mean that having cream in coffee will take one out of ketosis? Will coconut oil or mct do the same thing?

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Coconut milk in mine, for the ketones. 420 calories, almost all fat - no insulin spike (conflicting info abounds!). Appetite not just curbed, but fuel provided for real life working energy. Often enough, I just eat it with my food, though, since the whole 'one meal a day' thing sort of dictates that. But I sometimes drink it while "fasting" since it's all fat anyway.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

mike_h is offline Senior Member
    Do you mean that having cream in coffee will take one out of ketosis? Will coconut oil or mct do the same thing?
    Heavy cream won't, it's mostly fat, very low protein & lactose. Milk is far more insulinogenic and could well take you out. Coconut Oil and MCT won't, again almost all fat.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast