Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Before & Almost After Pics - 135lbs. Gone! page 3

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Awesome job dude, seriously great work!

Care to give us a quick run down of what you did and didn't eat? I mean, most PBers are very similar, but still...

A friend of mine is giving the PB a shot, he's done atkins before with results but always fell off the wagon and gained weight back. I explained how the PB is more about quality of foods instead of just replacing sugar for sweeteners, and consuming artificial stuff. I think he's been good so far because I just saw him after a few weeks and his face is already slimming, he's lost 25lbs! in just about 35 days. He says he knows he can stick to the eating plan, but he's got an aversion to working out with weights mostly because since he's still overweight he feels he doesn't belong. Once May comes around and I don't have my school gym available I'm going to sign up to his gym (24hr fitness) and find times when it's sort of empty so he and I can get some lifting done without him feeling self-conscious next to the guido types that live in our area and inundate our gyms. Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread Greg!

Greg is offline Senior Member
    No worries iniQuity, you didn't hijack my thread. These are relevant questions I'd be happy to answer for you!

I started as a very low carber (sub 10g p/day) - my staple foods were all meats, fowl and fish, animal fat, very little vegetation, healthy oils, and full fat dairy. Since I've gone Primal, I have cut out the dairy completely. I have done this by choice as I continue to lose body fat. I do not gain weight eating butter, cheese and cream but it has proven to be no help to me to include them in my foods while trying to drop another couple inches off my waistline. I have also upped my carb intake daily to 30 - 50g p/day.

One of the keys to my success with my weight loss was understand that this is a way of life; not a fad diet or a quick fix. My best advice is to throw away the scale or use it once per month, as a tool, to make sure you're on track with what you're eating to reach your goals.

Regarding the exercise: There is no reason to feel you don't belong. First of all, most people are in their own world while in the gym working out. No one is staring you down thinking "hey look at the fat guy". That's all in your mind. When I started I was 360lbs. and went 3x per week to walk 20 mins at 2.5 on the treadmill - because that's all I was able to handle. As I lost weight, my workouts progressed. Things take time - nothing happens overnight. You didn't put the weight on in one week and it's not going to come off in one week. Follow a plan, put your heart and soul into it, and you'll get there... I guarantee you that.
    Last edited by Greg; 04-02-2010 at 08:22 PM.

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    Awesome work, Grok - eh, Greg! That is a massive transformation. Very, very inspiring! Keep on grokking.

PookDo is offline Senior Member
    Damn dude you are my idol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123