Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: PMS gone??

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6

    PMS gone??

    Is it just coincidence that my PMS symptoms are totally gone? I am almost finished TPB and have not read anything about this being a result. Depression, anxiety, bloating and heart palpitations have always been symtoms I experience. They are GONE...I hope forever. TPB has changed my life and I LOVE Mark S!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Midwest...Northern Indiana
    Posts
    29
    I am 57. I have had hot flashes for five years. Since being very Paleo all summer, I have no hot flashes. I feel incredible. It is very likely that your hormones are evening out the way they should be. I am thrilled

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,744
    Yes, my symptoms were not diabolical before, but they have definitely reduced. So much so that my period actually took me by surprise this time, I didn't feel pre-menstrual at all.

    My cravings have moderated - now my sugar binge might be nothing worse than a banana and a handful of dates.

    Oh yeah, also, I discovered primal round about the time when I had just figured that my insomnia and night sweats were probably symptoms of menopause. Now they don't happen. Coincidence?
    Last edited by Annieh; 09-20-2012 at 01:55 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    na
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I am 57. I have had hot flashes for five years. Since being very Paleo all summer, I have no hot flashes. I feel incredible. It is very likely that your hormones are evening out the way they should be. I am thrilled
    I'm 52, and suffered with messed-up & excessive cycles/hot flashes/sleeplessness, and totally random spacing, for 10 years. Ten. I was just waiting for menopause to actually happen.

    Now, I've gone at least three months with normal/scanty periods, evenly spaced (about 30 days between), and no PMS. No hot flashes. I can sleep. No more "diapers", regular pads handle it fine.

    I blame all the soy and GMO grain I was ingesting as a vegetarian/vegan. Funny thing, I went vegan as I thought it was the dairy hormones that were doing it. Well, it could have been part of it, and I still avoid straight milk... I do grass-fed butter, heavy cream (in small doses), and some cheeses (mostly full-fat, grass-fed, or raw (sheep) milk).

    No sign of difficulties, and I'm no longer hoping for menopause

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Suedonn View Post
    Is it just coincidence that my PMS symptoms are totally gone? I am almost finished TPB and have not read anything about this being a result. Depression, anxiety, bloating and heart palpitations have always been symtoms I experience. They are GONE...I hope forever. TPB has changed my life and I LOVE Mark S!
    Shouldn't your significant other be the one writing the success story

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Midwest...Northern Indiana
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by docpearce View Post
    Shouldn't your significant other be the one writing the success story
    lol doc

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Midwest...Northern Indiana
    Posts
    29
    This sure beats taking hormones. Last year my doctor had me convinced I needed to be on testosterone and progesterone . He stated that I most likely would not be able to lose weight until I took them. My blood tests showed them to be low. I was estrogen dominant. He had natural creams made that rubbed into my skin. The progesterone screwed me up so bad. I could not wake up until noon and then was lethargic. It was an unnatural exhaustion. He cut the dose in half and then in fourths. I finally ditched it. The testosterone cream was rubbed on in the morning. I felt immediate nausea. I only bought two prescriptions of each. I tried...my body sure told me what it thought about all that.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    725
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    This sure beats taking hormones. Last year my doctor had me convinced I needed to be on testosterone and progesterone . He stated that I most likely would not be able to lose weight until I took them. My blood tests showed them to be low. I was estrogen dominant. He had natural creams made that rubbed into my skin. The progesterone screwed me up so bad. I could not wake up until noon and then was lethargic. It was an unnatural exhaustion. He cut the dose in half and then in fourths. I finally ditched it. The testosterone cream was rubbed on in the morning. I felt immediate nausea. I only bought two prescriptions of each. I tried...my body sure told me what it thought about all that.
    I tried a bioidentical progesterone cream after tests a few years back showed I had normal levels of progesterone but was estrogen dominant. The progesterone cream was HORRIBLE! Even at half of the prescribed dose I felt like my body was in shock or my BP had tanked (it is already low). I do not think I will go that route again. I have it all journaled to remind myself of how horrible it was...

    Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100


    "In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by docpearce View Post
    Shouldn't your significant other be the one writing the success story
    Haha...He definitely is happy and so are my kids...I would become a crazy person!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    725
    Quote Originally Posted by Suedonn View Post
    Is it just coincidence that my PMS symptoms are totally gone? I am almost finished TPB and have not read anything about this being a result. Depression, anxiety, bloating and heart palpitations have always been symtoms I experience. They are GONE...I hope forever. TPB has changed my life and I LOVE Mark S!
    YEP!

    At 47, my periods are all over the place. In the 3 months Primal I've had far fewer perimenopausal symptoms like you describe (no hot flashes yet), plus I got my period without my typical psychotic mood the 3 days prior. I sure hope it continues!

    Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100


    "In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •