Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ovarian Cyst and Diet page

solstice is offline Senior Member
    In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!

Ovarian Cyst and Diet

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Never been diagnosed with PCOS but did have an OC removed about 10 years ago. I think I have another...recurrent back pain early in cycle...dull aching in side/hip, bloated abdomen...all the tell tale signs for me. I have been quite great about staying primal...but have had some caffeinated tea and few squares of chocolate in the past month. A lot of what you read online tells PCOS sufferers to avoid eggs and sat. fats....I assume I need an n=1 to get to the bottom of this for me, as I eat eggs and fatty meats regularly. My skin has looked awesome lately (possibly just due to the low insulin levels), but this cyst has me baffled. Welcome any suggestions or stories of your own experiences! Thanks!

lissee is offline Senior Member
    Wish I had some advice, am looking forward to what other people have to say.

I guess I'm going solo on this one for now...any takers?

croll is offline Junior Member
    I found that nothing helped me or made it worse for that matter. I am just miserable until they burst. luckily they've never been super large that I had to have surgery to remove them. Maybe cut back on the eggs and see if it eases the pain?

I was pretty miserable when I started eating a Primal type diet almost a year ago. Had several things going on, severe Vit. D deficiency, and major allergic reaction to wheat (both gluten and wheat). So as I've cut the things I'm allergic to out of my diet, and I've begun to feel much, much better. I've noticed PCOS symptoms more.

My doctor only suggested that perhaps I have PCOS, so I haven't been diagnosed with it, but over the past year, I've had periodic pain in my abdomen, right where cysts would be. Each month the symptoms shifts a little. This month I felt only very slight stabbing pains, and then I felt hot, nauseous (severely, which was tricky since I was out grocery shopping), and exhausted.

I started a ketogenic diet at the beginning of the month, and so far my period this month has been pain and PMS free. We'll see how next month goes. I rarely eat eggs (I've been tested am slightly allergic, interestingly, I like the yolks, it's the whites that make me nauseous). and I've been eating a ton of saturated fats.

The things I've read say that they can operate on cysts, but I think why bother? It doesn't prevent cysts from coming back again. I have heard that losing weight helps PCOS to go away. Am working on that.

Someone else in another thread claimed that iodine deficiency was linked to PCOS. Recently, I'd decided to start adding seaweed to my diet, so if that's an issue, it should check that box.

I think that your best bet (unless you have severe pain, go to the hospital, your ovary may have twisted around), anyway, I think your best bet is to lose any excess weight and focus on nutrition. I'm a strong believer that when the body has the right nutrients it can heal itself (for the most part).

Other than that, I don't know, good luck!

thanks ladies! I'm in a weight range that is fine for me, but could always drop a few! (I'm 35 too at 5'4" 132lbs). Will work on egg cutbacks at my house...too bad for me and my laying hens though! I do add in seaweed daily. I had surgery on one years back because I was in inexplicable pain. I feel like I likely have PCOS but every gyn has been unwilling to diagnose me cause I havent been overweight...

I seem to remember seeing at some point that there is a "skinny" version of PCOS. Can't remember where I saw it, and when. But it exists. Good luck to you!

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Just throwing this out there, but do you fast? I don't know if it would help for this kind of house cleaning or not?
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    Just throwing this out there, but do you fast? I don't know if it would help for this kind of house cleaning or not?
    Sure it would help. Fast on water & tsp of coconut oil if you get hungry. Start w/ 18-24 hours if you never done them. Build up to 48 hour fasts, Stay there for a while. There are herbs you can take that will shrink cysts as well. Some topical stuff, herb extracts also mixed w DMSO for deep topical penetration en situ. But emu oil instead of DMSO is much better, as its all natural & is much healthier carrier & in and of itself, emu oil is awesome. Emu oil will heal just anything, powerful stuff, ha. I keep some in my travel bag of tricks always.

My suggestion, find a good woman herbalist &/or TCM lady who specializes in Gyno.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    Sure it would help.
    Betorq to the rescue!! I knew you would have something. I was trying to find something specific to post (science) wise, but was having trouble putting my finger on it.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast