Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ovarian Cyst and Diet page 3

lissee is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks Betorq for suggesting fasting. When I read the fasting thread I was thinking about other issues I'm dealing with, but hadn't yet linked it to the PCOS issue yet.

Way to go Solstice! And yes, some coconut oil is okay when you're doing longer fasts because it doesn't push us out of the fasting state. And it's been suggested that eating some calories (like the coconut oil) it keeps us ladies from going into starvation mode and having our cycles stop. I think 24 hours is fine, but if you ever do a longer fast, then yes, please supplement with some coconut oil.

solstice is offline Senior Member
    In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    WTG!! That is how it starts I think if you do more than your body is ready for, that is just another unnecessary stress that you do not need. Good job!

CO is a good thing And so is a plethora of veggies.

I am glad you posted when you did, and I took a big interest in it because I just found out Saturday night that my step-daughter has had something for a couple of months, in her breast, and it is now causing her pain. I also have a family history of breast cancer, so I have a great interest.
    My maternal side has a long history of breast cancer and just breast cysts as well...hoping that this is only a cyst that she is dealing with.

I'm quite excited about the not-eating-breakfast part of this plan. Not sure I can do that everyday though!

Loukia Maria is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by solstice View Post
    Never been diagnosed with PCOS but did have an OC removed about 10 years ago. I think I have another...recurrent back pain early in cycle...dull aching in side/hip, bloated abdomen...all the tell tale signs for me. I have been quite great about staying primal...but have had some caffeinated tea and few squares of chocolate in the past month. A lot of what you read online tells PCOS sufferers to avoid eggs and sat. fats....I assume I need an n=1 to get to the bottom of this for me, as I eat eggs and fatty meats regularly. My skin has looked awesome lately (possibly just due to the low insulin levels), but this cyst has me baffled. Welcome any suggestions or stories of your own experiences! Thanks!
    If you google PCOS-causes-treatment you will find out that this syndrome is significantly related with genes and diet. Actually, obese women tend to have high risk of experiencing this syndrome. Particularly, foods that affect insuline have been found to be related with the PCOS syndrome. A high-carb diet has been considered to be the number one guilty regarding the diet profile of the 'patient'. Carbs and not fat is the 'enemy' in this situation. If I manage to discover a meta-analysis on this topic I will post it here for more evidence to convince! (Am I allowed to publish links with studies?)
    The truly creative mind in any field is no more than this: A human creature born abnormally, inhumanely sensitive. To them…a touch is a blow, a sound is a noise, a misfortune is a tragedy, a joy is an ecstasy, a friend is a lover, a lover is a god, and failure is death.” Pearl Buck

lissee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loukia Maria View Post
    (Am I allowed to publish links with studies?)
    Yes, absolutely!

^ yes...that would be great!

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    Regarding emu oil, to you consume it or apply topically or both?
    Topically. Though I suppose it could be eaten. It's expensive stuff. Topically a little goes a long long way, for healing.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Betorq---is there a brand of Emu oil that you prefer? Prices seem to vary wildly and I would guess that could be based on the product purity.

jaye is offline Senior Member
    I'm following this post because I suspect I may be dealing with a cyst on my right ovary.

Just wondering how often you would suggest fasting and how to time it?

Also, what exactly does fasting do to improve the situation?

Thanks!

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaye View Post
    Also, what exactly does fasting do to improve the situation?
    If you body is not focusing on digestion, it can tend to other matters. Clean house if you will. It is called autophagy. Your body will "eat" dead cells, other objects like cysts, tumors, etc. It consumes and recycles damaged material. This has many benefits, one being Life Extension and decreasing many of the diseases that comes with aging.

Betorq shared this on another thread:
    BCC - Eat, Fast, Live longer documentary - BBC Two - Horizon, 2012-2013, Eat, Fast and Live Longer
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by solstice View Post
    Betorq---is there a brand of Emu oil that you prefer? Prices seem to vary wildly and I would guess that could be based on the product purity.
    Swanson online is the company I get mine from. It was $10/bottle last time I stocked up. May or may not still be that price. Top quality, excellent price.

Edit: I checked their site, wow, like many things it's gone up: 60% increase to $15.89, from $9.96. C'est la vie...
    Last edited by Betorq; 09-18-2012 at 12:00 PM.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast