Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: breastfeeding and fertility page 3

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    A 12-month gap between babies is definitely hard on the body. The mother wouldn't have recovered fully yet from the pregnancy and delivery!

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Yes, it was VERY hard on her physically... they basically ATE her.
    Maybe that's terrible to say... but that's kind of how it worked.
    She had to just eat and eat and eat... and they TOOK and TOOK.
    It wasn't an easy pregnancy.

Doctors very strict orders... DO NOT get pregnant again for AT LEAST 3 years!
    She took better precautions after the birth of #2.

I sure wish I could pinpoint when I ovulate and just fall pregnant like that! I have a history of infertility with PCOS, although dd was conceived naturally. Unfortunately, I can't rely on observing cervical mucus because I have very little, even during ovulation (seriously, I could not understand what egg-white consistency meant, there was none of that in me).

Did you know you were going to ovulate all those times you conceived?

Quote Originally Posted by Bron View Post
    My four are all about 2.5 years between one and the next. I love this age difference. My eldest is very good with kids because of it It is far more common for women to menstruate several times before fertility returns, though as shown here (and I'm the same), it is possible for ovulation to occur, then menstruation if conception hasn't happened. (1 period April 98, fell pregnant, one period June 00, fell pregnant, not another one till two babies later and that second one was 21m old in 2008). I only ovulated once mine started sleeping through.

Oh I fibbed, forgot about the period I had in 2005 cos DH was away on training, else I would have fallen pregnant that month and not two months later lol

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    In my case, the signs are pretty clear -- body temperature is the most clear, and then CM (though I produce a lot throughout the cycle, so that's not a great one for me per se), and then cervical placement. Those two -- temps and placement -- are the better indicators for me.

I started to have these symptoms around month 12/13 (it was pretty erratic then), and then normal cycles -- though some anovulatory -- after month 14.

I have heard it is possible to ovulate without getting a period, and that it is common on a primal diet? Any thoughts on this?

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    yes, it is possible. I don't know whether or not it's more or less common on a primal diet.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123