Your location: Michigan

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: 80/20 - I haven't switched to grass-fed beef yet. We live on a dairy farm, and we get a 1/4 of a steer each year. It's hard to say no to free food! But we eat a lot of venison, too. I get any other meat from the butcher that uses local sources. Soy has been sneaking in my diet in the form of ranch dressing once or twice a week. I need to find a good recipe!

Do you consume dairy: Yes - But I've cut down. No more milk or lowfat dairy. Just some cottage cheese and aged cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Ice Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I gained a lot of weight in the last few years, and I kept putting off losing weight since my lab work was always fine. Last month I found out that the extra weight had caught up with me. I'm prediabetic now and also have to take thyroid meds. I started South Beach a month ago, and started going primal for the last 2 weeks. I've lost 14 pounds in the last month, and I'm hoping to lose a lot more. In the interest of full-discloser, I have about 200 lbs to lose. It is scary to try again when I've failed on so many other diet plans, but the primal way of life makes sense to me. I have 2 kids, and I want to be a healthy mom for them!

Favorite exercise: Zumba

Favorite Primal food: Steak with sauteed mushrooms and onions

Best part about being Primal: The best part is seeing the weight come off so quickly this month. I know it will slow down, but that has been a great motivator!

Worst part about being Primal: Getting more vegetables in my diet has been hard. I'm not a big veggie eater (probably a big reason I'm overweight). I'll eat most vegetables cooked, but I have to choke down the raw stuff.