Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Content with Thigh size! page 2

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    We would need pictures to decide which exercises best fit your particular leg/hip shape.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

cayla29s is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    We would need pictures to decide which exercises best fit your particular leg/hip shape.
    Yeah I'm not sure if I want to post pics of my thighs on here but maybe I will think about it.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cayla29s View Post
    Yeah I'm not sure if I want to post pics of my thighs on here but maybe I will think about it.
    The clothes don't need to be too revealing but make sure we can see the general shape.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    The clothes don't need to be too revealing but make sure we can see the general shape.
    alex is looking for fapping material.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    alex is looking for fapping material.
    lol..

Okay here are some pics of my legs

leg front.jpg
    leg front 1.jpg this is me if i were to do a plie squat
    side.jpg

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    You're preaching to the choir here, I'm just about due for new pants.
    Lucky Brand makes a great loose fit jean that actually fits me in both the waist and the thighs. They're expensive, but no one else seems to make jeans that fit properly- either too tight in the thighs, or too loose in the waist.

chima_p is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BONZ View Post
    If anything, I'd say stick with squats and deadlifts, drop the rest of the leg work. Reduce the reps (5 or less per set), up the weight.... Should continue strength gains and minimize hypertrophy, no? Zoebird did nail it, though. You may reach your genetic "new norm", but that might not be where you want it to....
    Actually you would want to do the exact opposite. "I'd say stick with squats and deadlifts, drop the rest of the leg work. Reduce the reps (5 or less per set), up the weight.... " is the recipe for hypertrophy/strength. Stick with Lunges and Sprints. Add some Extensions and Curls HIIT style and you should gain strength in those exercise while not gaining much mass.

BONZ is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chima_p View Post
    Actually you would want to do the exact opposite. "I'd say stick with squats and deadlifts, drop the rest of the leg work. Reduce the reps (5 or less per set), up the weight.... " is the recipe for hypertrophy/strength. Stick with Lunges and Sprints. Add some Extensions and Curls HIIT style and you should gain strength in those exercise while not gaining much mass.
    Wait a second.... I was under the impression that lower volume at higher reps was more likely to induce sarcoplasmic hypertrophy, incresing size with a lower corresponding increase in strength. Alternatively, increasing the load but lowering the overall rep counts would tend toward myofibrillar hypertrophy.... less superficial size gains, better overall strength gains. School me on this..... these are things I want to get right....
    Went Primal: 20 DEC 2011
    Starting: 6'1" 220 lbs
    Starting Energy: "bleh...."
    Current: 183 lbs @ 8.33% BF (Jackson/Pollock 4 caliper method)
    Current Energy: "WOOHOO!" See my journal HERE.

"Paleo? Try it, but be wary of the cult mentality that comes with it. Paleovangelists are everywhere and a bit scary."

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by BONZ View Post
    Wait a second.... I was under the impression that lower volume at higher reps was more likely to induce sarcoplasmic hypertrophy, incresing size with a lower corresponding increase in strength. Alternatively, increasing the load but lowering the overall rep counts would tend toward myofibrillar hypertrophy.... less superficial size gains, better overall strength gains. School me on this..... these are things I want to get right....
    Hmm. okay the way I know is that 5 reps below is strength plus weight progression. 6-10 is hypertrophy plus increase weight. 12 and up is maintenance increasing weight as well. The final hypertrophy would depend on the total volume load put on the muscle plus if the person is eating at a surplus. gaining mass varies by gender obviously.

I could be off on this and I really don't have a particular literature to support my claim, it's just something i have read for the last few years.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast