Thread: C Reactive Protein page

marbeth2 is offline Junior Member

C Reactive Protein

Primal Fuel
    Please help if you have any information! My C reactive protein is 25! It's supposed to be below 2. I've been primal for six months, lost 32 pounds and yet my good cholesterol has sunk down to 25 from 57 and my C Reactive protein went from 15 a year ago to 25 this week. Those numbers are really awful and I'm trying to gather ideas on what to do. (I'm 52 years old, fyi)

peril is offline Senior Member
    Random thoughts:

1. You haven't given us any details on your observance of primal. More details = more help
    2. You may have a systemic disorder leading to significant inflammation - see 1.
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

marbeth2 is offline Junior Member
    Okay...can you tell I'm new to the forums? I started very low carb dieting six months ago, following Mark Sison's primal living book for what types of food to eat. I eat no grains and rarely eat sugars. I eat meat, cheese, eggs and veggies, berries, nuts and other misc. fruits. The exercise part has been minimal.. walking about 30 minutes a day or so. I do strength training 2x a week for 20 minutes. I do have an achilles tendon that has been injured for 15 years and don't know if something like that can affect C Reactive protein.. My C Reactive Protein was at a 9 eight years ago, raising regularly til it hit 25. (It hovered at 15 while I took statins, but I went off them last year after reading all the information about them)

Currently, my doctor is talking as if I'm headed for cardiac arrest regardless of what I do now.... kind of scary.
    Last edited by marbeth2; 09-16-2012 at 04:11 PM.