Thread: Pituitary Tumors page

mikebike is offline Senior Member

Pituitary Tumors

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I know I'm not the only one here that's had or has a pituitary tumor, especially after reading today's success story. Some times you feel like the only person in the world with your condition. I'd appreciate it if anyone else that has suffered with it would post about it.

Short history, starting losing my vision about twenty years ago. Eventually it was discovered I had a pituitary tumor. Two surgeries, two years in a row, I had finally had all of the tumor removed but also my entire pituitary along with it. Lost all the vision in my left eye and went on a full replacement therapy of prednison, synthroid, desmopressin, HgH and testosterone. In a few short months weight went from 185 to 275. Through calorie restriction and exercise I was able to get down to about 225 lbs but never lower than that, including all variations of primal over the course of two plus years. My memory has never been the same nor my ability to do analytical type work. Feel like I can't think my way out of a wet paper bag at times.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    mine never went that way. i had too much prolactin production, but the whole thing cleared up in a year or so with diet (vegan, at the time) -- so the culprit was getting rid of processed foods.

that was really all that I needed -- i've had no symptoms for over 15 years.