Hi Primal Pals,

New to this, I am on day 8. First, let me say that my primary reason for going Primal is that next week I go back to work as a daytime bartender. I do not plan on eating or drinking at my new place of business, but, hey, a girl's gotta earn! I am a bit of an old lady, I will be 48 in less that 10 days. I have 4 children, 3 daughters out of the nest and one little sweet almost four year old at home with me.

Starting point is 160 pounds, with a 32 in waist. I am a chronic cardio abuser, spending 40+ min. 4 times a week on an elliptical trainer. In one month, I am letting my gym membership lapse, in favor of getting outdoors and spending times with my boy, and spending the money on said membership elsewhere (new clothes?).

Today, I put on my jeans for the first time in four months. They are tight, really tight and I feel ridiculously puffy. I've been doing my best to eat primally, but find that I am having a difficult time balancing fat, protein and carbs. I am tracking everything that goes into my mouth via Spark People. The Sparks never fail to remind me that I need more carbs. A LOT more carbs according to CW. I have had to increase slightly to achieve 50, and have battled the dreaded carb flu for a few days.

I find that planning and tracking is helping me to stay on the straight and narrow, and I am enjoying an energy boost.

I see incredible potential in living my life in this new way. First step for me is to walk the walk and make an example of Primal Goodness. After, I would like to find a way to bring this wisdom to my community and make available better food options and a different way to look at fitness. But first...got to take my baby steps...