Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Puff Girl Journal page 3

hunneme is offline Junior Member
    I'm Baaaaaack!

Lets update. Got that job, I've been there for three months. Pay, benefits, normal life, Hello! I managed to stay primal until mid-November, then the wheels fell off. Holidays, snacks, cookies...the usual pitfalls and my usual excuses.

My normal job is everything I could hope for, I am thankful everyday that I am fortunate to land it. Downsides are minimal but include a lot of office work mixed with a monthly bout of lifting heavy things. And by heavy things, I mean 55 pound bags of a substance similar to sand, stacked 30 high. My personal best is 360 of the buggers. I also get to play donkey kong on occasion when we unload truckloads of empty drums, slinging them down the warehouse floor. I don't think that if that were my only responsibility that this job would be a good fit. I don't think I wish for more of the athletic part of my job, just to be graced with enough energy to endure it and recover without as much soreness.

I adore my co-workers, but have noticed many of them carrying around a good amount of extra weight. They are all such sweet and helpful people, and it makes me sad to think of their weight. I read today's installment of Mark's blog on how to be an example for a fitter workplace and really took it to heart. Over the past two weeks, I've taken to walking laps around my warehouse just to break up the monotony of desk work.

Oh, and my weight? 157 to start. My jeans still fit, but my belly is suffering from Dunlap. I fell back in line on Sunday, and haven't had too difficult of a transition. I know what to do, now I just have to DO.

Ouch
    GYN appointment yesterday, neglected too long for a woman at the tender age of 48. The result of which has me going back on Monday for a biopsy in the lady bits. Caught me off guard this did.

Drank one beer.

Other than that, I've been tracking pretty well. Had an amazing day at work but am happy to have a weekend ahead. I didn't mention before, but I have some life altering stuff in the next few weeks. My darling, beloved man has taken a job in the oilfields of ND, meaning he will be leaving here on Valentines day. My days of coming home to a fairly normal life are ending, and a new normal beginning. The new normal will be a revolving door of goodbyes and reunions about every 6 weeks. It means adjusting to living without him, then living with him again...rinse...repeat. It also means the end to all of our financial struggles so this is truly a blessing. It also means that the guy who bought 2 dozen Krispy Kremes yesterday will be in another state for a majority of time. I'm using our time apart to revamp the pantry for my son and I.

Well, this is how life goes...good and bad, ups and downs...still, I feel more "up" lately. Endless possibilities ahead.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    4 years ago after my son was born, I discovered a cut of blue jean that I absolutely fell in love with. They were the "Dreamer" jeans at Old Navy, size 10. I bought 4 pair. Sometimes they were a little too tight, sometimes a little too loose but have been my constant companion for the entire time. I went today to replenish my stock today, wearing my last remaining pair.

Old Navy discontinued the line! How could they? I quickly recruited a sales girls for assistance. She recommended the "Sweet Heart" jeans, made for women with smaller waists and generous bums. She asked what size I would like. I told her 10. She asked if I were wearing a 10, and I was wearing my beloved last pair of size 10 Dreamers. She told me they were too big and handed me an 8.

Now, I was shopping with my crazed 4 year old so I did not try them on, bought 2 pair and headed home. Now I am basking in the glory of sitting around my house in my new size 8 jeans. I would have bought more than two pair, but I suspect soon I may be replacing them with a size 6...then maybe even a 4. Best reward ever!

For my sunshine exposure today, my boy and I woke up at the crack of dawn to wind our way to the Yellow River Game Ranch in Stone Mountain, GA to see what our local groundhog has to say about the weather. In the 21 degree early morning, that little **@#^& predicted 6 more weeks of winter. But since I woke up, didn't see my shadow...I disagree

Little Man and I had a nice walk around the ranch after. He chose to hike most of it backwards...but since he thinks more like our ancestors, he may be on to something. We saw free range chickens everywhere and even a buffalo. All before 9 am! Glad I chose not to sleep in this morning.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123