Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Puff Girl Journal page 2

hunneme is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Derailed...Shrimp and Grits...Key Lime Pie...

But that was yesterday, and today is a new chance. I've forgiven myself and am ready to do something good for myself. I deserve to feel energetic, younger and healthy.

First day of work today. I've armed myself with a great bacon and egg breakfast and plan a fast until 6 tonight. The chicken is in the crockpot and only needs a little attention when I get home from work.

I read a great book the past day, "The Four Agreements" and I would recommend it to anyone searching for their happiness. Your words can hurt. I am going to try to not hurt anyone with unkind and unsolicited words. Might be a great time to start.

Cave Woman is offline Senior Member
    Welcome and congratulations on the good start! I love your journal name - I have been known to refer to myself as "Puff Girl" But you won't be for long. Congratulations on the new job, as well. Bartending definitely includes lots of Lifting Heavy Things. Remember to use you legs (think: squat) rather than you back to lift.

I look forward to hearing of your progress.
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122
    Goal weight 115? 120? I'll know when I get there.

"When I've fallen off dietary wagons before, the wagon stops, backs over me and leaves me for dead in the ditch. On PB, I can fall off, hang on with one hand, hold a cookie in the other, throw half away, and get right back on." ~Ottercat

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Hello Journal Friends,

Thank you for stopping by and posting Cave Woman, this little Puff Girl sure needed some encouragement today. Was able to make it through service today on my bacon and eggs. And way too much iced coffee with whole milk...

Lord, thank you for this day...thank you for giving me the courage to try new (old) things...thank you for my little one snoring in the next room...and for the big guy snoring right next to him.

Primal Friends, please don't forget to be grateful for the good things. Rest well and enjoy your time in the sunshine today.

Wow...off track BIG TIME! Margaritas with the in-laws and sugar coated boyfriend off of work this week is not always a good thing! Another morning of recommitting to my goals. I think of all the times I've started and stopped something healthy. If only I'd stayed on track then I wouldn't be fighting the SAME twenty or so pounds that I've fought ALL OF MY LIFE!

Problem 1: We are kinda broke this week...difficult to run to the store and pick up whatever when there isn't cash coming in until I finish my shift today. And primal is expensive, especially when I am still feeding a sugar monster who also eats what I eat! Stock my freezer you say? With good stuff? Not always possible. I am committed to making the best possible choices that I can, but the key word of the day is "possible". Hopefully, the tip Gods will smile upon me today and I will be able to semi-replenish the larder.

Problem 2: Willpower when surrounded by food toxins. The other day I was very hungry, we were out running errands that took much longer than expected. My darling man's solution was to his the Checkers drive thru, and eat steaming hot french fries while dipping them in the chili from his chili dog. In my car...in my subcompact car... I have never wanted to suck on chili dog paper wrapping more in my life! I stayed true to my word...I resisted. But I later fell apart with my in-laws and indulged in Mexican and Margaritas. And leftover chipotle chicken tacos in corn tortillas the next day. Hey, they were free!

On a good note, bad sugar daddy boyfriend also brought home 3 large butternut squash. I set to work on making my first and best squash soup with butter, cream, carrot, onion and one tart apple. It was lovely, but could use the improvement of some crushed pecans on top.

Today I've broken my fast with two pieces of bacon, I plan a salad at work and some form of burger tonight with the soup. Last Friday I left work with the biggest headache from too much coffee and not enough food in my rumbling belly. Planning ahead today by carrying herbal tea and eating a salad (for free!) instead of any of the lovely fried food we serve. I CAN DO THIS...

Why is it that I always luck into the message that I need, just when I need it. Today at my bar a guy in scrubs comes in orders a salad with blackened tilapia. No croutons please. I look. He is in spectacular shape...his skin is radiant. I ask if he is primal...nope...paleo. I told him I got derailed by margaritas. He gives me an alternative...tequila, lime juice, club soda. I told him I'd been attempting for a month. He said wait 5 more...I commented about his scrubs and asked if he were in the medical profession. He laughed and said he was about 20 years ahead of conventional medicine and that I am following the right track.

No cheats today. Thanks to one great customer.

Cave Woman is offline Senior Member
    What a great serendipitous meeting! It sounds like just what you needed, indeed! And good for you for asking and for him for being open. Ya gotta love these wonderful coincidences.
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122
    Goal weight 115? 120? I'll know when I get there.

"When I've fallen off dietary wagons before, the wagon stops, backs over me and leaves me for dead in the ditch. On PB, I can fall off, hang on with one hand, hold a cookie in the other, throw half away, and get right back on." ~Ottercat

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Been wicked busy and neglecting this journal. I have been a saint for days! Work work work. Had sashimi for dinner tonight without my beloved edamame. Ate just enough I think. I haven't been hungry in days and have been enjoying the work day with a little more energy than usual. Will weigh in a week and check my measurements, but I have an idea that I've lost some weight. My pants don't hurt and I fit into all 4 pairs of my size 10.

Been a bad, bad puffgirl,

Yesterday was my son's birthday party, so much to do to get ready for it. I worked ridiculously hard getting the house and yard ready. I came home from work on Friday to find that my "Honey Do" list didn't really get done. So Friday night was spent cleaning, cleaning and cleaning. Saturday morning was rough because most of my list was yard stuff for an outdoor party. Woke at 5:00 am and lifted many heavy things. I was glad for spending much of my time being primal because I had the energy to take on many tasks.

Party time. I tried to eat the pizza I ordered for the party and found it to be...disappointing...no flavor...gross. Even the beautiful cake my daughter baked (3 fondant layers) didn't work for me. A few bites left me...satisfied that I'd tried it. Now I have a huge amount of cake that will most likely end in the trash and leftover pizza for the list forsaking boyfriend to eat.

Interesting note, my foray into Pizza world left me considerably gassy. Gross. I am positive that I will not be trying to eat that crap again for quite some time.

Work has been going well. I am surprised at how many people I am meeting who are primal or paleo. I took care of two ladies the other day who were primal. I have learned how to navigate our menu for the best choices. I was going to plan a shrimp and grits day for today, but after yesterday, I will put it off indefinitely. I am loving my job and loving the crazy amount of energy I have while I am at work.

I crashed yesterday after my son's party (it was lovely), allergies from the yard work, exhaustion from getting things ready and some really bad food choices. I laid down for a few minutes that stretched into a 12 hour nap. I am feeling much better this morning and looking forward to a wonderful day off ahead. I am not even close to hungry so lunch may not happen until dinner or until I get hungry. I am very grateful that my carb gluttony didn't stimulate my appetite.

I've been reading other journals and I know that I am not really obsessing about weight loss right now. I've seen some journals that really emphasize the long term aspect of a primal lifestyle. That's what I am looking at, I haven't weighed in more than two weeks, but all of my clothes fit and that is good enough for me today. This is really a journey and I am still very excited to see where I go with it.

Scale day yesterday, Hello 154! 6 pounds in a month...I slipped a few times but I am 6 pounds lighter and my work clothes are no longer an issue. I am contemplating mashing some plantains for breakfast this morning with my morning bacon.

Work is still going well except tips have not been as good as last week. I have to make my car payment late for the first time. I really hate that I work very hard for not so much cash. My consolation is that I love my job.

150 pounds today! My jeans that sent me on this journey now need a belt to stay on my shrinking hips. I am wondering when I find the wonderful homeostasis of not chubby (or puffy) and no longer losing weight. I think another 10 pounds off and no more, I like my curves.

Plantains for breakfast were a horrible mistake, I found myself at work starving by 1:00 pm. Most days I start with 3 slices of bacon and one egg. I am not really hungry when I eat, but I find it a good preventive measure that keeps me from getting ugly hungry at work. Some days I eat a salad with bacon and blue cheese crumbles at work, some days not. When I started this way of life, I ate 2 eggs in the morning, but I think I would find that difficult now. It is strange without hunger as a motivation. I try to make sure that I have good alternative ready for when it hits, like the pork chops left over from dinner last night for tonight.

My motivation for going primal proved correct yesterday at work. Busy, busy busy for the entire shift. Had a full bar for lunch rush and took tables for the remainder of the shift as I was the only one on until 5. For the first time, I made incredible money (much needed!) and had the energy and mental acuity to not mess up. My work is play, I make people happy by bringing them food with a side of humor. The day flew by without my getting hungry, distracted or tired. That is...until I got home...got through my evening chores and passed out before 10.

Another interesting note, I got a call about a potential job. You never can find a job when you really need it, but opportunity comes when working at another job. This opportunity is at a large company working in procurement. It is mostly office work, runs full time 7 to 3, pays ridiculously well and offers medical, vacation and retirement benefits. I want this job, I need the money and the benefits...is it extremely immature to want to stay in my current position with its sporadic pay? Am I (at 48) too old to still be behind the bar? I am not going to worry too much about this until I get a hard offer for this position.

I interrupted my blog writing to dance around the living room with my son...Florence and the Machine..."The Dog Days are Over". My new theme song!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast