Thread: Keto Long - Event "Fuel" page

Cayenne is offline Junior Member

Keto Long - Event "Fuel"

Shop Now
    Hello Folks:

This weekend I hope to go for a 3-4+ hour walk. I also just began the first few days of trying to attain and maintain nutritional ketosis. I have no time to order SuperStarch and would like to buy something (not make at home, this time,) ready-made (bar or drink,) that I can have in the mid to later portion of the walk if I begin feeling a bit "flat," that would not disrupt my keto effort. Suggestions appreciated !

jakey is offline Senior Member
    for a walk? relax, bring some macadamia nuts, you'll be fine.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne View Post
    Hello Folks:

This weekend I hope to go for a 3-4+ hour walk. I also just began the first few days of trying to attain and maintain nutritional ketosis. I have no time to order SuperStarch and would like to buy something (not make at home, this time,) ready-made (bar or drink,) that I can have in the mid to later portion of the walk if I begin feeling a bit "flat," that would not disrupt my keto effort. Suggestions appreciated !
    just water. kale or sweet potatoe if u are climbling large, multiple hills.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Cayenne is offline Junior Member
    Jakey, it is race walking actually, so sometimes in the later portion, around the 15+ mile mark, I can feel, as stated, "flat." Anyhow, I think almonds, some coconut flakes perhaps, will do the trick and keep me in ketosis as desired. Macadamia nuts are a great idea as well. Thank you !

lissee is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    When I went hiking in the Alps this past summer, I descended a cliff for 5 hours with just a stick of yummy alpine butter and water. I did have some cheese with me, and a chocolate bar. Never broke into the cheese or chocolate.

Hike was just fine, had plenty of energy.

If you're expending energy quickly, the KEY is not to wait until you're bonking to eat. Fat doesn't give you an immediate sugar rush. It give you a nice constant supply. Otherwise, when you're starting to maybe feel a little hungry, take a bite then walk on.