Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it time to put a muzzle on free speech? page 7

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by parakeet View Post
    First of all, I do not believe for one second that this had anything to do with a video. This was a coordinated attack on the anniversary of 9/11. The propaganda that is being spun by the media is ridiculous. Really, what makes more sense? A video that was released 6 mo. ago by an Isreali citizen living in the US, or an attack on the anniversary of the biggest terrorist event ever?
    Which, by the way, I also believe we will see similar attacks in the future if we continue to make excuses and allow these heathens to carry out their will on us.

Again I ask, Nady, where does it end? Where do we draw the line in the sand and send a message that we will not tolerate the harm or murder of American citizens?
    This video wasn't released by an Israeli citizen. Actually there is no Jew in sight. The main "actors" are two Egyptian-American Coptic Christians and American Christian fundamentalist/neo-Nazi?
    Last edited by anna5; 09-15-2012 at 08:28 AM.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Maybe those other countries should just ban youtube. Or maybe they need some free speech of their own.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    Put a muzzle on free speech? More like time to ratchet up a few notches..
    If these folks are going to go off in such a dizzy anytime someone makes fun of them, let's light em up.

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    FFS we had riots today in SYDNEY, other side of the world. Who the f#ck was their audience meant to be? Some friends of mine in the emergency services were injured. Who were they angry at? A private citizen posting a video any citizen is entitled to post, half a world away? Aggression for the sake of aggression. Nonsense. If you hate our culture here so much you feel the need to hold up the city and attack our police over what someone did a world away, go back to your own culture. Then you can froth as much as you want about a youtube clip. Morons.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    A little OT, I know, but there does seem to be some hypocracy with the super-religious violent extremists. After the fact, it came out that one or more of the planning meetings for 9/11 was held here in my town. Not too weird until you realize I live in freaking Las Vegas.

Seriously?

There's honestly nothing here, save for gambling, 24/7 alcohol and chicks with hardly any (or no) clothes. That's where you stay to plan your assault on those sinful Americans in other parts of the country??? I'm calling BS.

Okay, back to topic.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Playing the victim card now?
    because I want to discuss? I don't deserve to be called names for seeking information. I've learned a lot over the last 45 years and most of that was from people willing to exchange ideas without judging.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nady View Post
    because I want to discuss? I don't deserve to be called names for seeking information. I've learned a lot over the last 45 years and most of that was from people willing to exchange ideas without judging.
    Few people are name calling, they (majority) are calling you on your bs, you think it's name calling, however, it isn't. (

You want to discuss with people that agree with you it seems. Everyone judges the sooner you accept it, the sooner you can actually debate things in an open environment that exchanges ideas (a step up from discussing), not having various viewpoints in agreement with yours.

Hopefully you'll be more open to debating things here in the future. It is an eclectic mix of people that does offer interesting viewpoints whether you agree with them or not.
    Last edited by kenn; 09-15-2012 at 08:47 AM.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Few people are name calling, they (majority) are calling you on your bs, you think it's name calling, however, it isn't. (

You want to discuss with people that agree with you it seems. Everyone judges the sooner you accept it, the sooner you can actually debate things in an open environment that exchanges ideas (a step up from discussing), not having various viewpoints in agreement with yours.

Hopefully you'll be more open to debating things here in the future. It is an eclectic mix of people that does offer interesting viewpoints whether you agree with them or not.
    You don't even know what I think~ you're just guessing based on what I've posted. It wouldn't be much of a discussion if everybody agreed, would it? As far as a 'debate', not really interested, debating suggests there's a winner position and that's not appropriate to this topic.

I firmly believe in free speech as well as personal responsibility. I have observed, unfortunately, that they don't necessarily go hand in hand.

joelwlcx is offline Senior Member
    I have the right to say whatever I want to whoever I want. If any organization tries to put any form of limit on that, I will gladly defend my right by any means, including violence. I am a living being, not a subject of government. The idea that you need the government to tell you what you can and can't say is ridiculous.
    "All of God's creatures have a natural habitat... my dinner plate." -Me

joelwlcx is offline Senior Member
    If I want to draw a picture of Mohammed, it's my pen. If I want to burn a copy of the Quran, well... I bought the damn thing. If I want to shout from the hilltop (or post a video on youtube) that "Islam is an evil religion!", it's my inherited right as a living being.
    "All of God's creatures have a natural habitat... my dinner plate." -Me

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast