Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting Hammered page 3

lardomuncher is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    For me it's all about moderation and little tricks. If I drink on a full stomach, keep snacking as I'm drinking, keep hydrating with water and keep it under 5-6 drinks of the same type of booze, I'll be all good in the AM. If I go past 6 drinks, mix various types of booze and don't eat properly, then I suffer. Especially my stomach gets all messed up.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Why must it be "VS"?
    I went out socializing Thursday night.
    I had lots of laughs and fun with friends.
    I ate before I went out, because I knew the food wouldn't fly.
    And it was in a bar.... but all I drank was water.
    *shrug*
    Because most young people that go out want to actually drink. Most of us aren't going to drink 1-2 glasses of red wine and call it a night. Besides, red wine is the world's worst hangover. We're going to pound 6-10 drinks made of vodka, tequila or some other high alcohol spirit. It's never healthy to do that, but I'm going to do it anyway. Tonight, in fact.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    .....We're going to pound 6-10 drinks made of vodka, tequila or some other high alcohol spirit......
    6-10? Hmmmmm....sounds like a rather slow night

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Obviously not an Irishman.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    ... I find red wine the least hangover drink. I drink French and just French, though. Yeah, I sound like a wine snob, but I just don't like new world wines. Some Chilean I can enjoy and there's one Argentinian I've raised an eyebrow at, but in the main, it's French. Languedoc and lighter most days, something Bordeaux and classy on Sunday.

Northern Europe has produced two of the best drinks ever - Scotch whisky and Scandinavian Vodka. Sorry Russians, but the Scandinavians do it better. Actually, talking of Scandinavian, Akvavit is a fun drink. Great to cook with. I have a strong respect for Russian Standard vodka, but Scandinavian goes down better. Scotch is great whatever. Islay for me ... smokey, peaty, even medicinal.

I rationalise it this way ...

It's not paleo, it's not primal. I can dress it up however I like as medicine, sensible indulgence, whatever ... it's not. It's booze and there is a toll to be paid. Our bodies can cope with some, some can cope with more, all fall foul of too much.

Drink to enhance an experience, a meeting of friends, a quiet moment. I see fermentation as nature's gift to us, distillation our creativity. Eat good food, drink good drink (otherwise, water), love living.

No one is ever going to tell me I can't have an Islay single malt (grrrrreat choice BTW).
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    Virtual chillax drink, Wanderlust?

Just pouring out a snifter from a bottle of 25 Laphroaig ... it's coming up 11PM here, so you might not want to join in, but I'll lift a glass to you. Cheers, pal!

Ghshl is offline Senior Member
    Islay's are nice, but a good Highland Park is not to be frowned at either!

Quote Originally Posted by pjgh View Post
    Virtual chillax drink, Wanderlust?

Just pouring out a snifter from a bottle of 25 Laphroaig ... it's coming up 11PM here, so you might not want to join in, but I'll lift a glass to you. Cheers, pal!

Ooo I usually just get the 12yo, but that 25 is amazingly smooth. Still trying to find a 21yo Lagavulin sherry cask finished. I'll certainly raise a glass tonight!
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pjgh View Post
    ... I find red wine the least hangover drink. I drink French and just French, though. Yeah, I sound like a wine snob, but I just don't like new world wines. Some Chilean I can enjoy and there's one Argentinian I've raised an eyebrow at, but in the main, it's French. Languedoc and lighter most days, something Bordeaux and classy on Sunday.

Northern Europe has produced two of the best drinks ever - Scotch whisky and Scandinavian Vodka. Sorry Russians, but the Scandinavians do it better. Actually, talking of Scandinavian, Akvavit is a fun drink. Great to cook with. I have a strong respect for Russian Standard vodka, but Scandinavian goes down better. Scotch is great whatever. Islay for me ... smokey, peaty, even medicinal.

I rationalise it this way ...

It's not paleo, it's not primal. I can dress it up however I like as medicine, sensible indulgence, whatever ... it's not. It's booze and there is a toll to be paid. Our bodies can cope with some, some can cope with more, all fall foul of too much.

Drink to enhance an experience, a meeting of friends, a quiet moment. I see fermentation as nature's gift to us, distillation our creativity. Eat good food, drink good drink (otherwise, water), love living.
    I like your style

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast