Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GO, TUNIA, GO! Polish Primal Blueprint page 2

Khainag is offline Member
    Hi Tunia!!! Can you share any Polish recipies? I live in Mongolia and we have a lot of things like gulash and salads that are very "Eastern European." I really want to improve my salad making especially! I'll share some recipies too on my journal...

tunia is offline Junior Member
    Khainag, I will try to share some here.

as for today

16/09/2012

I. apple coffee some nuts
    II. Tatar (its raw ground beef (i have sirloin), with raw yolks, along with olive oil, onions and pickled sour cucumbers, salt and pepper to taste) (i eat it often it's one of the most delicious forms of eating beef that I know of)
    III. some chicken stirfry
    IV dunno depends if I'm hungry.

have a great day everybody

18/09/2012

hectic day, sometimes i hate my job

I hate it. But I will have 2 weeks off so I'll have some more time to rest.

todays food
    I. eggs with bacon, fried
    II. almonds (plenty)
    III. apple
    IV. avocado and some good quality sausage..

and I don't thing i'll eat anything more today.
    I feel sick. (maybe it's the avocado, maybe it's the stress)
    maybe some fruit later on

as for other activities - I'm off for a hike with my son (so some heavy lifring will be involved as well)

Have a lovely day Everybody

Bess58 is offline Member
    Hello Tunia,

greetings from a fellow European! I think our cuisines are more similar to each other than to the American cuisine. You're doing fine!

I hope you get better soon! Stress can also mess up my stomach.

Hello, Khainag, what an international community we are here!

Have a nice day all! Tunia, I hope you have a nice hike with your son. Is autumn already settling in in Poland, as it is here in Germany?

Bess - HI

Yep, autumn is setting here, though it's still quite warm.
    I love autumn, it's my favourite time of the year, the best food, best veggies.

as for the stress - it's just the job right? I love it, i've never been happier, but still sometimes my clients can be very stressful.

Hi Everybody.

I am going to fall asleep here. right now on my desk. with this pile of papers surrounding me.

and I blame myself - i ate a slice of pizze late in the evening. it was stupid of me, put me to sleep right away.

today is another hectic day

I. 3 eggs and good quality sausage. 2 apples
    II. pork ham stew (with zuccini, pepers and onions)
    III. smoked salmon and red peppers
    IV. some raw salmon and tuna

Hi Everyone - I am still here still doing strong, still loosing weight. How cool is it - but i am back to my regular journal, i guess i'll need it more

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    My best friend spent some weeks in Poland teaching, and I got to hear stories about all the wonderful fresh food there. It's absolutely insane, but I think a lot of Americans, including myself before, think of north eastern Europe and think cold and not a lot of fresh food. Nope, that's just US.

Your meals sound absolutely delicious. As for kiddo, I'm not a parent, but I was one a little more recently than most parents. I figure kids are really strong compared to an adult whose eaten a crappy diet for twenty years. With a good base of whole foods, the bad stuff won't affect him as much, and the -restriction could feel overbearing and obsessive as he gets older. Teens are going to want to hang with friends and eat pizza. Hopefully his palate will have developed to where he at least insists on the good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    My best friend spent some weeks in Poland teaching, and I got to hear stories about all the wonderful fresh food there. It's absolutely insane, but I think a lot of Americans, including myself before, think of north eastern Europe and think cold and not a lot of fresh food. Nope, that's just US.
    IT is really funny sometimes to show some of the variety of foods we do have here to Americans (and even other people from Europe)
    And I also like to read that some of the Polish national dishes (ie hunters stew-bigos) is getting famous about paleo/primal folks I like that a lot.

Your meals sound absolutely delicious. As for kiddo, I'm not a parent, but I was one a little more recently than most parents. I figure kids are really strong compared to an adult whose eaten a crappy diet for twenty years. With a good base of whole foods, the bad stuff won't affect him as much, and the -restriction could feel overbearing and obsessive as he gets older. Teens are going to want to hang with friends and eat pizza. Hopefully his palate will have developed to where he at least insists on the good stuff.
    Mi kid is almost five now. He loves salmon with broccoli, he loves all kinds of meat and fish.
    He also likes sweets and some white bread.
    I cannot control what he eats at the kindergarten, but our evenings and weekends are primal. His favourite sweet is definitely eggs and bacon.

Today was a good day..
    Some eggs, good quality sausage for breakfast, along with home made mayo, some tomatoes and sour cucumbers.
    Than a pile of nuts and almonds
    And for my lunch
    Chicken thighs (with crispy skin, fried on ghee)
    Plus some mushrooms with fat cream.

For dinner we'll have some baked potatoes with salted herring (salted herring with fresh onions, chopped apple and sour cream)

And a little update also. My last year was so awful I was glad it ended. I do hope to have a better year so I gave it a great start - almost 7kgs lost already, about ten to go.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    yesterday was a bad day (lots and lots of work, to little food) but i am glad i managed to have this little that i did (some chicken fried on ghee..) and didn't feast at mc'donalds.
    today and tomorrow i am travelling with my son, we're eating now some prunes (dried plums that is) covered in dark chocolate. I was really happy that im Promal Blueprint meal plan they were marked as Polish specialty and yummy too!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12