Thread: Lightheadedness? page

sasuga is offline Member

Lightheadedness?

Primal Fuel
    It's been 11 months since I started the paleo diet.

a couple months ago, I started becoming lightheaded almost constantly, it's debilitating, i can't exercise without feeling severe lightheadedness.

has this happened to anyone else, could I maybe be doing something wrong? I'm staying away from grains and starches. Maybe I'm not eating enough? I've had my blood sugar tested and they said it's good, but i'm going to try and have a glucose test done in a few days to see if maybe i could really be hypoglycemic. other than this, i've had EKG's done and blood pressure tests done, they said those were fine.

I really hope someone here can give me some sort of idea what's going on, if anyone has run into this problem.
    Eat to live, don't live to eat.

mommymd is offline Senior Member
    You likely need more salt, especially if you are low carb. Try some sea salt in water with a squeeze of lemon before and while you are working out. Increase your salted broth intake overall. Move slowly from a crouched position to standing. If that doesn't fix it check if your pulse is regular and that you don't have a murmur. (someone with a stethoscope who know what to listen for will have to do that for you)

Hope that helps

Mommymd

sasuga is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mommymd View Post
    You likely need more salt, especially if you are low carb. Try some sea salt in water with a squeeze of lemon before and while you are working out. Increase your salted broth intake overall. Move slowly from a crouched position to standing. If that doesn't fix it check if your pulse is regular and that you don't have a murmur. (someone with a stethoscope who know what to listen for will have to do that for you)

Hope that helps

Mommymd
    I don't understand how adding more salt would help, my blood pressure has been reported as fine. usually about 117/73. And I have a habit of checking my pulse when i feel lightheaded, it seem regular, and i've had peoplle listen to my heart quite a few times and no doctor ever said anything about a heart murmur... but my mother did have a faint one when she was younger, maybe if i have one, it's real faint too...
    Eat to live, don't live to eat.