Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crossfit page

dalvarez Guest

Primal Fuel

I recently signed up for the Elements classes (starting on the 20th). Just wondering if anyone has or is currently using this approach and what their experience has been.

TIA!

ahhgrr is offline Junior Member

I really dig CF. I'm currently following my local (halfway across the state) affiliate's page: http://www.crossfit603.com and find that their programming suits my needs far better than the mainpage.

Previously, I had done a full 12-week Starting Strength cycle, 8-10 weeks on mainpage CF, then 8 weeks on a hybrid program (interrupted by a layoff and a new job).

Of all of those, Starting Strength gave me the most improvement; the hybrid and 603 programming are close seconds (but I'm more advanced now, and there's a lot more bits and pieces to work on with those).

It'll be crazy fun, in a psychotic kind of way!

Get Primal is offline Junior Member

I don't belong to a CF gym, but many of my workouts are similar or even taken from Crossfit.com. They're hardcore, intense workouts that beat your ass up...in a good way. If you're looking to trim fat, combine some walking with your weekly Crossfit workouts and you'll be amazed how fast it comes off. Good luck!

dalvarez Guest

one thing--the membership sure is expensive. not sure I'll become a member but I am hoping the element classes help me put them into the mix.

Conan Guest

It's well worth it in my opinion. Yes it's expensive but it can literally be life changing. CrossFit is actually what led me to this website. I recommend starting with a 2 or 3 days / week membership rather than unlimited. When you are first starting 2 or 3 days a week is probably all you'll be able to handle.

dalvarez Guest

I see they have WOD --I never see a rest day??

any comparison at all between CF and P90X?

LabRat Guest

Dalvarez- look closer; traditonal CF programming is 3-on, 1-off. There are rest days at both the 306 site and the main site.

I love it, personally. It beats the crap out of you and you definitely need a lot of body awareness to understand when it's telling you to SIT YOUR BUTT DOWN and take an unscheduled rest period, but it's incredibly effective. Aside from the intensity, the main benefit for me is the variety and the degree of learning demanded; my main problem with exercise is that I bore easily, and my thoughts tend to wander from what I'm doing to "Am I done yet? God this is mind-numbing". With Crossfit I'm either practicing a new skill, working on perfecting an old one, or I'm so killed dead by the workout itself there's no room in my head for boredom. For reference I don't belong to a CF gym- none near me- I'm following the main site, forums, etc.

Ponying up the $25 for a subscription to the Journal was a very worthwhile expenditure for me- without direct coaching, the articles and videos are absolutely invaluable for getting to good, as it were.

Suz Guest

I also do CF and just like Conan said, it is definitely life changing. Without a doubt.

So many friends that I recruited had questions and delayed their first session but I always told them that they will ALWAYS have questions, and to know whether or not CF is your thing you just gotta give it a shot!

You'll love it. Let us know how your first session goes!

dalvarez Guest

I am always up for something new so on the 20th its on!

Thanks for your replies!

AdamKayce is offline Junior Member

Love CrossFit. Love it.

I started in October of 2007, got certified last November, but I've never belonged to a CrossFit affiliate (gym), because we live in the boonies. (We're planning to move, soon, and I'm planning to open my own affiliate then.)

I've been active since I was 17, played tons of sports, done tons of different exercise protocols, etc... but CrossFit takes the cake, hands down. I'd seriously challenge any other fitness program, anywhere, to match what CrossFit offers. It's challenging, it's an absolute blast, the people are awesome, and it'll get you in shape like nothing else.

Love it, love it, love it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast