Thread: Guide Gear Dehydrator-anyone use this or know anything? page

KerryK is offline Senior Member

Guide Gear Dehydrator-anyone use this or know anything?

Primal Fuel
    Friends of mine want to get a dehydrator. Lucky them. They asked my opinion on this model (I recommended a tray one). Have any of you used one? Do you know anything about this brand and model?

Guide Gear High - Capacity Stainless Steel Dehydrator - 876424, Processing Acc at Sportsman's Guide
    Last edited by KerryK; 09-13-2012 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Spelling

Chris_H is offline Senior Member
    That looks like it should work just fine. The adjustable temp is a nice feature, as is the timer. I use a dehydrator without these features and it works fine (typical round style with plasic trays).

However, ordering from Sportsmans Guide will get you bombarded with their catalogs. It seems like I get one weekly, if not every few days.
    Male, 32y, 6'0" tall
    SW 306lbs (6/1/12)
    CW 244lbs (1/17/13)

BP down from 120/80 to 110/74

Thanks, Chris.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    I have a Nesco dehydrator (plastic, round, with plastic trays) it works great and cost 1/3 what they're charging for the Gear Guide one. Here's mine Amazon.com Nesco Dehydrator -- although I paid less than this for mine about 2 years ago. I only need to use as many trays as I want, and I can buy more trays separately if I want to dehydrate more food at one time.

I have seven trays for mine, and it's just about right to make 3 pounds of raw beef into 1 pound of beef jerky.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    I have a Nesco dehydrator (plastic, round, with plastic trays) it works great and cost 1/3 what they're charging for the Gear Guide one. Here's mine Amazon.com Nesco Dehydrator -- although I paid less than this for mine about 2 years ago. I only need to use as many trays as I want, and I can buy more trays separately if I want to dehydrate more food at one time.

I have seven trays for mine, and it's just about right to make 3 pounds of raw beef into 1 pound of beef jerky.
    Thanks, Goldie. I'd probably get your type when I can buy one myself. I'll forward on the comments to them to help them make their decision.