Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 16 Year Old Former Bulimic Girl Defying CW (and cooking awesome food) page

golangrok is offline Senior Member

16 Year Old Former Bulimic Girl Defying CW (and cooking awesome food)

Primal Fuel
    Hey everyone
    I'm going to be starting a Primal weight loss journal now. I want to gather all my progress here, and have a source for other teenagers on here to check out or contribute to.
    I'm 5'5", and weigh just under 170. I have a body fat % of 27 but I don't know how accurate that is!
    My initial goal is to come down to 140, and my UGW is 130 (but I'll reassess at 140).

I have a history of bulimia and I am still recovering, so I am not including IF at the moment. Hopefully my relationship with food will relax enough to allow me to experiment with it at some point.
    Also my birthday is coming up in November...can't wait for a very, very unhealthy breakfast doughnut.

I'll post pictures of all the food I eat on here. I love to cook so expect tons of good recipes.
    Currently I average around 1700 a day. 60% fat, 25% protein, 15% carb.
    Today I found out that my BMR is 1550, so I'm going to have to either increase exercise or decrease food.

Primal since 8/13 (1 month, go me!)
    I have not really had any weight loss. I had lost 5 pounds about in 3 weeks, but after a non-Primal day gained it back and it hasn't left since.

Anyways, that's enough. Here I go.

Today I got really ill. I had a green smoothie (arugula, banana, coconut milk), some broccoli soup, and 2 eggs for breakfast. An hour later, I puked it up, and continues puking every half an hour until I passed out at 5:30. I woke up feeling much better - but totally starved. I was able to stomach a plum, then a mango, then a small bit of white rice and some meatballs.
    I feel somewhat guilty about the excess carbs in the fruit but I was so hungry. And dehydrated. I feel better now though.
    I guess my official postings will start tomorrow. Someone remind me to do my sprint!

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Don't do your sprint if you're feeling sick! Give yourself a day or two of feeling totally normal to recover
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Don't do your sprint if you're feeling sick! Give yourself a day or two of feeling totally normal to recover
    Thank you for your concern I see you around the forum a lot. The pink hair is pretty remarkable. I actually feel ten times better now and I think tomorrow I'll feel normal. But maybe I'll hold off my sprint until the day after next.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Bmr calculators are not accurate. 1500 calories could be correct. But this is if you were sleeping 24/7. When you're having a very lazy day you probably already burn around 2000. More if you sprint or do other movement.
    But good that you're fighting your eating problems. I'm a 15 year old guy who also had some problems. I was 6'2" and 128 lbs once. This forum helped me to get to 150 lbs with a lot of muscle. It's very awesome you found this forum . Do NOT worry about carbs or other macros. Just eat meat, fruit, eggs, dairy, nuts, dark chocolate when you're hungry.
    You don't have to sprint a lot. You already get benefits doing them once a week. Stress is also bad for you, which means you should some nonprimal food occasionaly with friends, good luck
    Billie trips balls

Today I woke up and it's that time of the month, I didn't have an appetite but I had some bone broth so I could take my pain killers. I feel gross and sweaty and bloated so I'll just sleep all day and watch horror films and wish I was skinny so I could eat a pizza. But really I can't stomach anything. Except for a pizza, made of doughnuts and toaster strudels.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Eating a pizza probably wouldn't help you stay skinny though Hope you feel better soon!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

GRRRR. I had some chicken and chocolate to take my second round of naproxen for cramps, and it reminded my body that food exists and now I'm over starved. This is why I can't IF - miss a meal and I rage through the next one totally out of control. Thank god we're having a barbeque tonight, I can just eat a cow and four chickens and feel better. I think I'll take a day off the Primal script though - I'm too frazzled and irritable to deal with people sticking dessert in my face, and me saying no even though my tyrannical uterus is saying FEED ME, FEED ME ALL THE COOKIES IN THE WORLD.
    I'll come back on 100% when the progesterone storm passes. GrrrAAAAHHH. I want to RAPE AND PILLAGE A NATION. WHY THESE FUCKY OVARIES. WHY ME.
    Last edited by golangrok; 09-14-2012 at 06:47 AM.

Also I would wrestle a puma for some marrow bones right now.

BBQ ended up okay, mostly ate meat and some quiche that I know had flour in it and a little sweet cheese pastry for desert and stuck with the leaner cuts to minimize the impact, but I'm not going to do this again. Starting now, I want to be as Paleo as possible. The off times just feel pathetic and make me bloat for days. After I ovulate I'll take some proper before pictures into this and dive back in with both feet, all the way up to my head. But for now I'm going to marinate in hormones and Desperate Housewives. Adios.
    Last edited by golangrok; 09-14-2012 at 07:41 AM.

Spiralicious is offline Senior Member
    I can totally empathize! I had really awful periods when I was younger too, and it was always accompanied by a week of eating everything and anything in my path! But so seriously not worth the after effects At least that's what we must keep reminding ourselves of whenever that extra-crazy part of the brain tries to take over. It's like the bad cousin who's always talking you into being naughty, but you're the only one who ever gets caught! Did anyone else have one of those? lol

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast