Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 16 Year Old Former Bulimic Girl Defying CW (and cooking awesome food) page 4

golangrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    GUYS. YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE. I lost another .5!! I'm down to 161.6!!
    Also, I went to go see my naturopath and OB today. My naturopath says I have weak digestion and we're treating it by supplementing my liver. Zinc, chromium, lipofractals, fish oil, the whole shebang. He also wants to manage my PCOS by managing my insulin and loves Paleo. He also recommends lifting weights and strength training to strengthen my digestive system, something about the link between muscles and the stomach. Totally interesting.

Breakfast:
    2 eggs, 1 green apple

Lunch:
    Large helping shredded meat drizzled with homemade mayo

And dinner:
    Seafood buffet!

Then at the OB/GYN, my prolactin and testosterone are off the charts. On Saturday I'll be going in for an MRI, pelvic MRI, and CT. Kind of nervous. I'm also going to be put on the pill, does anybody have any thoughts on that?
    My Primal Journal:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65788.html

16 years old
    5'5"
    SW: 170
    CW: 162
    GW: 140

Primal since 8/12/12.

Spiralicious is offline Senior Member
    I'm sure other people will have better knowledge about this, but my only recommendation is to check back in with your doctor if you're noticing undesirable side effects, so you can try another brand. When I first started taking birth control, I had super crazy mood swings, it was not good. But I switched brands, and am fine now. I wish I had another alternative than hormones, but I super duper don't want babies! lol

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I'm curious why you're going on the pill. If your PCOS symptoms are that bad, I can understand going on it to help manage, but ultimately, I believe it's best to stay off it for as long as possible/is practical. I started menstruating at 13, went on the pill at 18, stayed on for about 5 years. I had to change pills periodically because I kept getting mood swings, migraines, spotting etc. All the side effects they tell you about (except weight gain).

They'll tell you to give it at least 3 months to normalize, but make sure to tell your doctor if things are wrong/weird with your cycle ASAP or you notice anything weird. I had to wait the full 3 months, getting 2 periods every month, before they would give me a new prescription. That sucked.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

She says an oral contraceptive for testosterone, I agree that I don't want to go on the freaky pill and deal with the nastiness. I reregulated after my past two months of funky business, it's just that honestly, if you had seen my prolactin/testosterone vs. the lab ranges...it was astronomical. So we're going with the MRI/CT to rule out a growth on my pituitary gland.
    My Primal Journal:

16 years old
    5'5"

Primal since 8/12/12.

So the seafood buffet was great. Steak, shrimp, salmon drizzled with butter, some sushi, three bowls of chowder. I didn't mess around with the salads and junk. I totalllly got my money's worth. Then the dessert - I will admit, with the classically trained French pastry chefs, I did have a macaroon, a little chocolate mousse (oh my god. OH, my GOD.) and some other little non-Primal nibbles. I was up a pound today but honestly - so worth it.

Today I ate a bowl of shredded meat (leftover) drizzled with homemade mayo for breakfast, along with a little feta salad with grapes, drizzled with local organic raw honey.
    For dinner I made cauliflower rice, calamari stew with mushrooms, and a brussel sprout feta salad, with fried cashews and mint leaves. It was interesting.
    Anyways, I have my MRI scheduled in the morning. Somewhat nervous. I just got some new cartilage piercings so I'm worried about taking them out before they heal but hopefully the MRI won't take a long while.
    My Primal Journal:

16 years old
    5'5"

Primal since 8/12/12.

Seaglassgreen is offline Senior Member
    Good luck! My first GYN diagnosed me with PCOS at 18, but I haven't really kept up with my hormone levels and such.. I was on the pill for a few years, and then got paranoid about whether the hormones were making me kind of crazy, so I got an IUD. Which has been great as I am still baby-free, but obviously wouldn't solve your hormone imbalances. I had a scan to rule out pituitary issues. Anyway, all that to say that I know that this stuff can be kind of scary, and best wishes tomorrow

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    Haven't seen a post from you in a while...Hope all is well
    Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
    Before and after pics
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
    Primal Sucess Story
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
    Primal Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

Everything is great, I'm traveling so I'm sorry I haven't updated! Well, it's been an off few days - my MRI came back totally clean, thank god. We retested my hormones and prolactin is normal, we actually traced it back to the motillium I was taking for my viral meningitis nausea, which raised my prolactin levels artificially. So a clean bill of health. I got my herbal prescription from my naturopath designed to aid PCOS so I'll keep you guys updated on that.
    I've eaten mostly Paleo the past few days, I feel and look like I've dropped weight, BUT I have been cheating for lack of a better word. A few days ago I had some cheesecake at a social event, and had a small relapse binge/purge. Felt down that whole day and then couldn't control my eating the next in terms of volume but fortunately I stuck to all Paleo foods. Today, as I just arrived at my grandma's house, I did cheat again - she made old-world style Georgian food, and that's a rare and delicious enough occurrence for me to rationalize fried dough. I feel okay - I'm actually breaking out and bloated, so I can tell my body's not happy. Going to be settling in the enxt few days, feasting on berries and avocados. I plan to stick to paleo 100% until my birthday
    My Primal Journal:

16 years old
    5'5"

Primal since 8/12/12.

Khainag is offline Member
    GEORGIAN FOOD!!! I'm afraid that I'm going to be eating khatchapuri here at some point, and today I had naan... ah well. Tomorrow is another day! I've also been up all night on the internet...

Sorry to read about all the medical stuff! Really glad to hear that it sounds like you won't have to do birth control pills. I've been off for about a year and a half now and feeling great without it, was getting a little concerned about cystic ovaries too. (Had a gynecologist express concern about that a few years back...)

shohag is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    hi i am a new commer here

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast