Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm desperate page 3

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by NowhereMan View Post
    Well, I just got back from my meeting. The nutritionist was really understanding and accommodating. A complete 180 from our director of dining who rejected my appeal in the first place. I explained my situation and my preferred dietary habits and she had no problem recommending that my meal plan be switched. I didn't even have to use any science or any of the arguments I had prepared. In his email, the director said he'd defer to her decision, so I should be all set. It will take up to a week to change, but I'm just glad it worked out well. Thanks everyone for the support.

Bonus: I'm also saving about $2000 in loans with this plan.
    Good to hear!
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

fitmom is offline Senior Member
    Well, I just got back from my meeting. The nutritionist was really understanding and accommodating. A complete 180 from our director of dining who rejected my appeal in the first place. I explained my situation and my preferred dietary habits and she had no problem recommending that my meal plan be switched. I didn't even have to use any science or any of the arguments I had prepared. In his email, the director said he'd defer to her decision, so I should be all set. It will take up to a week to change, but I'm just glad it worked out well. Thanks everyone for the support.

Good for you! You may want to consider contacting the school newspaper with your experience & research, going to the Student Senate/and or school board to ask for a policy change.

If you did all three of those things (probably an hour or two out of your life), you could really help others avoid this BS, and educate the educators in the process!

Too bad they don't pay students a teacher's wage, when the students end up being the smart ones!

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Steal. You paid, they aren't providing and therefore you have a right to what's in the grocery store. Hell, this is something I'd get violent over.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Plus it's really easy to just walk right out without paying for something. Nobody ever expects you to walk out with a whole roast in your hand so they just assume that you bought it. Not that I would know anything about that.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

beachrat is offline Senior Member

This is AWESOME. Good for you for sticking to your immediate goal and good luck with the long term ones!
    "If man made it, don't eat it." ..Jack LaLanne
    "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are.
    If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." ..Richard Feynman

beachrat's primal journal

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123