Thread: Office work and no play makes me a dull girl page

taina747 is offline Junior Member

Office work and no play makes me a dull girl

Primal Fuel
    Hello everyone! This is my first time posting on the forum, other than the "obligatory" meet and greet. Iím 28 years old, 5í3, starting weight 111 lbs, and Iím 3 weeks into the Primal diet. So far I have lost 3 lbs. Iíve cheated on the diet a few times, but for the most part Iím not having a difficult time transitioning to this way of life. Itís interesting Ė I feel physically well, I donít feel bloated and uncomfortable in my own skin, I have more energy, and yetÖ.I am miserable on a daily basis. Why? I have a desk job where I sit in a cubicle with no windows anywhere for 8 Ĺ hours every day. I find the work dull, and feel like I want to jump out of my chair and just never come back. Why do I not then have the motivation to get out? I keep asking myself if itís the money, the benefits, or if Iím just comfortable. I think itís all of that, and the fact that Iím afraid to make a change, and afraid to find that Iím just as miserable doing something else. Is it just me? Do any of you ever feel this way? How do I get out of that type of thinking? Thanks for any and all comments.

I used to work in a big metal building with no windows. The only sunlight came from the big cooling vents high up near the ceiling. I can relate, it sucks the life out of you. I found it better to take a few minutes to walk around, even if it's just (in my case) the department where I worked or (in your case I guess) walk around your floor or take the stairs to another floor and walk around there. It will at least trick your brain into thinking you're exploring something new.

BTW, I went back to school when I was 28 and changed careers. I fled the building with no windows and never looked back. I took a pay cut because I completely changed careers, but I've never been happier. There is no monetary value on that.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

taina747 is offline Junior Member
    I've been thinking about going back to school a lot lately. I know that I'll probably also have to take a pay cut, but you're right. I just have to do it - money will never make you happy. Thanks!

I worked 3 14+ hour days in a row...from roughly 430am to 630pm. During the winter I didn't see sunlight for 3 days a week. It was very depressing.

I had an advantage though, with the 3 day schedule. That gave me 4 days to actually work a part time job that helped pay for the college classes. But I recommend you do it. Don't let your career be something you regret when you're old.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.