Communication is a two way street. the only way we ever communicate includes making certain we agree on terms.

de·tox·i·fi·ca·tion   [dee-tok-suh-fi-key-shuhn]
noun
1.Biochemistry . the metabolic process by which toxins are changed into less toxic or more readily excretable substances.
2.the act of detoxifying.
3.the state of being detoxified.
4.a period of medical treatment, usually including counseling, during which a person is helped to overcome physical and psychological dependence on alcohol or drugs.

There is a lot of talk about belief in "detox". Well belief (confidence in the truth or existence of something not immediately susceptible to rigorous proof) is an emotional state and that tells a lot about how you view something.

by definition number 1 we as human organisms detox any toxin that we excrete... period... if it came out (tears, sweat, piss, shit, breath) it was at some point toxic to our bodies. we also have a limit on the rate of excretion as well as the ability to excrete.

What i am curious about is what are the definitions that skeptics attribute to the word detox.

i am fully skeptical of the pseudo-medical use of the word detox as mush as i am the methods used to "encourage" detoxification.

i think the common man or woman on the street somehow marries the concept of definition number 4 with number 1 and thinks they required some "snake oil" to make them clean as a whistle... bullshit except in certain cases.

so lets the games begin. lets debunk detox