Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Detox page 4

Ferti is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    When I was teenager I put flea spray on my dog and I used my hands to rub it in. Broke out in a terrible rash on my hands but a few days later the skin on the bottom of my feet peeled off in chunks.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferti View Post
    When I was teenager I put flea spray on my dog and I used my hands to rub it in. Broke out in a terrible rash on my hands but a few days later the skin on the bottom of my feet peeled off in chunks.
    eewwww
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

SuziW is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I'm just new, but I'm going to jump in on this conversation. I think the whole detox thing is kind of misunderstood by most people because there are so many shonky detox products being sold. I think that consciously helping our body to detox is essential these days. We were designed to live on a pristine planet, with clean food, water and air and the only 'toxins' that our body had to deal with were those that were the result of our bodily processes.

Today we are exposed to chemicals everywhere - in our personal care products (toothpaste, makeup, skin and hair care etc), in our water, in the air, in our homes (outgasing from furniture, building materials, paints, fabrics etc), in our cars - you get the picture.

We are also (most of us) subjected to chronic stresses - money, work, traffic, family, the daily news.... These all have an impact on our body chemistry. Then there are heavy metals....

These (and more) are things that our bodies weren't designed to deal with.

Our organs that are responsible for eliminating these chemicals, residues, heavy metals etc are our skin, lungs, kidneys, colon and lymph. The liver helps to process some of the stuff.

Eating clean, living as stress free as possible and avoiding as many toxins as possible through the use of safe products will help - but it's not enough. There are herbs and foods that can help our body to cope with the toxic onslaught that we all face these days - herbs that support the organs of elimination and foods such as coriander (cilantro) that are powerful chelaters of heavy metals.

Sauna is also very helpful.

Other daily habits such as exercise help immensely - exercise that gets you breathing heavy and makes you sweat is best because it's making use of two of your organs of elimination.

Fasting and juicing also can help as it gives the digestive system a rest and allows your body to focus on cleaning up and throwing out instead of using most of it's energy digesting food.

This is what is meant by detoxing - supporting your body to do what it was designed to but can't do efficiently without help in today's world. I think that those people who doubt the beneficial effects of detoxing have just never done one (not an effective detox anyway) because you can FEEL and SEE the difference.

I hope that helps....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234