Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Detox page 3

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    In my experience there are ways to unplug the drain, and ways to flush the contents thru it faster. However most of the time what i hear from the "gurus" out there who are simply attempting to differentiate themselves from the pack so as to make a quick buck is that ONE thing applied topically will cure ALL your ills ( pads on the feet etc )

I think what gets people is that they can SEE instant results. Anything that opens your pores will allow, theoretically, more excretion of what was at the surface anyway. Catch that on an absorbent pad or in a container of fluid and viola, instant proof that it is working.

However the real toxins are not in the skin per se but in the cells. the body's primary natural pathway for garbage disposal is the liver followed by the lungs. This means that the lymph is the most important pathway followed by the circulatory system.

Here is something to think about. the heart pumps the blood, but it is the lungs and muscles that pump the lymph. in fact the most important lymph nodes are just behind the stomach along the spine meaning that ONLY deep rhythmic breathing stimulates them....

SO

Deep breathing exercises as an adjust to your own natural detox system.... discuss
    I agree with this general sentiment. I think anything you do that promotes circulation and oxygenation/removal of metabolic waste will also naturally promote detoxification of any "foreign" stuff as well. You know, like walking. Or exercise of any kind. Or sleeping well. Or eating non-inflammatory food. Like, Primal Blueprint stuff...

Honestly I think most of what comes off on those pads and other nonsense things is dead skin cells and oil and salt, which when oxidized in air (I would bet most of them have some kind of chemical, even just a mild acid or something, which promotes this) turns into a gross-looking black goo, and then the people touting it can yell LOOK OMG TOXINS!
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    I agree with this general sentiment. I think anything you do that promotes circulation and oxygenation/removal of metabolic waste will also naturally promote detoxification of any "foreign" stuff as well. You know, like walking. Or exercise of any kind. Or sleeping well. Or eating non-inflammatory food. Like, Primal Blueprint stuff...

Honestly I think most of what comes off on those pads and other nonsense things is dead skin cells and oil and salt, which when oxidized in air (I would bet most of them have some kind of chemical, even just a mild acid or something, which promotes this) turns into a gross-looking black goo, and then the people touting it can yell LOOK OMG TOXINS!
    chuckle, nods in agreement
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Deep breathing exercises as an adjust to your own natural detox system.... discuss
    I was reading something the other day that suggested deep breathing exercises as a form of relaxation. Didn't say that it does any sort of detox. Just stimulates alpha brainwaves. Apparently the author felt that the inability to produce alpha brain waves indicated all sort of problems including blood sugar problems, not enough sleep, cortisol problems, stress, jaw or neck muscle problems etc. And that the ability to stimulate alpha waves through deep breathing exercise could help blood sugar control, gut health, hormones and all the rest.

I suppose that promoting relaxation could possibly detox you from stuff like crappy, stressful jobs.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I was reading something the other day that suggested deep breathing exercises as a form of relaxation. Didn't say that it does any sort of detox. Just stimulates alpha brainwaves. Apparently the author felt that the inability to produce alpha brain waves indicated all sort of problems including blood sugar problems, not enough sleep, cortisol problems, stress, jaw or neck muscle problems etc. And that the ability to stimulate alpha waves through deep breathing exercise could help blood sugar control, gut health, hormones and all the rest.

I suppose that promoting relaxation could possibly detox you from stuff like crappy, stressful jobs.
    Aha! And here is another sense of the word that we use, which isn't quite the same thing as detoxing of foreign toxins. But, an overabundance of cortisol/adrenaline due to stress can certainly cause deleterious effects to the body's overall function, and so meditation and other such intentional relaxation could cause an effect similar to actual detoxification by restoring the recuperative and health-promoting "natural baseline" levels of our various stress-related hormones. I would probably classify this under psycho-hormonal realignment and optimization, rather than strictly detoxification. But I'm a nerd who loves making up fancy terms for things, so maybe for common parlance "detox" describes this process just fine.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

endogenous hormonal realignment and optimization is not bad at all call it EHRO correction

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    My sports massage therapist has maintained for years that deep breathing is a "flushing" type activity; he used to be a computer geek and he compares it to a "systems check and reboot".

Somewhere else here in the MDA forums was a link to this: Inflammation and the Body's Response which is along the lines of "detox"--watch the video. Safe movement and heat seem to be the way to go for assisting the lymphatic network. It makes a lot of sense from a primal point of view, also... let the body work the way it has evolved to.
    Last edited by Goldie; 09-18-2012 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Dratted spelling error!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Using computer terms for bodily functions is almost more irritating than using the word detox. And yet I use them frequently anyway.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    having cheleated personally i can attest both with laboratory values and with anecdotal stories that an effect is produced by these provoking substances... i would consider chelation a true form of detoxification which is outside the bodies normal operating parameters. esp given that without the provocation most of those agents refuse to leave the body.
    Could I ask what you chelated, and which tests you did to determine your levels?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnic View Post
    Could I ask what you chelated, and which tests you did to determine your levels?

Thanks.
    these are the tests that were run

Last edited by quelsen; 09-19-2012 at 06:02 AM.

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

the interesting thing is that the metals that i was highest in are metals that actually bind to cellular receptors and cannot be detached by the appropriate ones..

for instance Cesium binds to potassium receptors in the cell, howeer cesium does not provide any electron for the cell to use. as far as the cell is concerned it is connected to the outlet, but no juice is flowing...

Apparently lead can be passes down thru generations on the mothers side. as the genetic effects can modify gene expression on the fathers side.

I can say that after the first round of chelation much in my body changed. much better energy and stronger metabolism. however an interesting side effect ( mercury mostly ) is that i become extremely susceptible to anger/rage. in fact it is such a commone reaction that two rules have been established in our household

1 Thou shalt not take DSMA and Signature Chelate without prior warning of all occupants.
    2 No two individuals in the home may chelate at the same time.

one of us has to be sane.

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast