Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Smugness - who has it? page 2

pamola10 is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Heeheehe...is there an icon for a snicker? Nice thread, funny comments. I can't be smug about anything food related because everyone who knows me thinks I am a nut. My daughter before I come to visit, asks me, "So what are you eating now, Mom?" They love me anyway, but not because I am a food nut.

I will admit to a bit of self satisfaction on those days when other people's desserts do NOT look good to me. No soapbox here, though, as I have spent a little too much time exploring different ways of eating for anyone to take me seriously.

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    No new convert here, it's been over a year for me. I too wouldn't preach and only talk about it when directly asked or someone talks nonsense about my food, but I definitely have a glorious inner smugness that I made the effort to discover a truly healthy and ejoyable lifestyle instead of allowing myself to continue being spoonfed the awful information provided by so called experts!
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

cmlloyd Guest
    I think it starts off as smugness only because we have latched onto something they yet to conceive.

That being said, I tend to look at what others are doing and think to myself
    "that used to be me, and I'm so glad it isn't anymore."
    If that is smug, then so be it.

I'm smug because I know something that the sheeple are too afraid to know.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Sheeple - love it!
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    I'm smug because I know something that the sheeple are too afraid to know.
    *snerk*
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

ciavyn is offline Senior Member
    I find most of the time, people reflect what they eat. So while I struggle not to judge other's food choices -- I'd be lying to say I'm not -- more often than not my heart hurts for them. And I'm not particularly sympathetic. But I remember how hard it was to eat "healthy" according to CW, then going gluten free, and staring at things others could eat, and I would leave the grocery store in tears. Then eventually, I went Primal, and now I don't want any of that crap. I miss the social aspect of cake and ice cream. But not the cake...and now, not even the ice cream. So yes, there is an element of, "You poor, lost soul. Let me feed you real food," when I look at others. But more often than not, it's a nod of, "Universe bless you that you can even get out of bed in the morning eating that way."

adamm is offline Senior Member
    I used to be smug. I was convinced of the "rightness" of my way of life. I was convinced that my way was the right way, and everyone who didn't agree was wrong.

Then I realized I'm completely full of ****, you guys are all full of ****, and all of the conventional eaters are full of ****. Now I just don't give a shit what people eat, who they screw, or what their politics are.

I cook food for the family at home. It is primal with a side of non-primal. My wife, despite eating grain, is very healthy and happy. My kids are growing up lean and strong, and I feel good.

Who cares? We are probably wrong about a whole bunch of stuff ourselves. Nobody has "facts" at this point. We are all looking at bad studies and trying to draw conclusions. We'll all be dead of old age before someone can honestly state "here is what the science says". I mean, conventional eaters are like blind people, and we are people with sight. But we are all in a big pitch black room with absolutely no light, so none of us can see anyway. We just try to find what works, and change our minds/philosophies/whatever as new theories come to light and old theories are proven unfounded. IE we're all full of ****, it is just that some are struggling to expel some of it.

--Me

You actually seem pretty smug in your anti-smugness.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

adamm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    You actually seem pretty smug in your anti-smugness.
    I am incredibly smug . I was being tongue in cheek, but sadly these things don't come over well on the inter-tubes...

/smacksselffortryintohavesenseofhumouroninternet

:-D

--Me

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast