Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 276

Thread: Can Paleo Stop the Infertility Epidemic? page 7

  1. #61
    cori93437's Avatar
    cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central FL
    Posts
    6,656
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    The only totally free market is an anarchist system.
    Which isn't happening! LOL
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.


  2. #62
    Blackcatbone's Avatar
    Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    2,192
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBrennan View Post
    Yeah, anyway, like I said, you people are ignorant, and I'm not going to teach you about growth curve equations (but I do think you'd understand the word "down", at least), nor am I going to try to educate you about the economic principles of larger populations and the dynamic market forces which lead to exponentially increasing innovation and problem solving.

    Instead, this thread is meant to solve the problem of the dudes who have 8% as much sperm as their dads did.
    Hey, wait a minute Mr "Free Market and human ingenuity will fix everything", isn't your hysteria about so called dwindling fertility a contradiction to that hypothesis? How is it that the free market can fix the dwindling resources problem and not the dwindling fertility one?

  3. #63
    cori93437's Avatar
    cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central FL
    Posts
    6,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    Hey, wait a minute Mr "Free Market and human ingenuity will fix everything", isn't your hysteria about so called dwindling fertility a contradiction to that hypothesis? How is it that the free market can fix the dwindling resources problem and not the dwindling fertility one?
    I agree, perhaps this is the free market response to over population?

    Of course, I also don't believe that some guy being an ass on an internet forum will ever make one iota of difference to poor stricken infertile Russia (or anywhere else for that matter).
    At BEST all any person can do is deal with their own private fertility/infertility issues. No more, no less.
    Then again... maybe the Russian government is monitoring all of your communications with urgent hope!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.


  4. #64
    wiltondeportes's Avatar
    wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Which isn't happening! LOL
    Well, it could happen if things collapse. That's a whole 'nother discussion.

  5. #65
    wiltondeportes's Avatar
    wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I agree, perhaps this is the free market response to over population?
    This is exactly what I was thinking myself, but I hadn't communicated it. Dwindling fertility is the market's response to dwindling ability to consume.

    Here's a very basic element of ecology. If a population of anything is well-fed and taken care of, they grow. The reason that population of whatever species exists at that point in time is because it outgrew whatever existed before it, so there is guaranteed evidence that the said species can grow. If our species doesn't get less food or suffer more deaths, it will lower its fertility. This could be a permanent gene thing, but more likely it is a cultural meme (belief) and lifestyle (ie nutrition) that can be reversed whenever our species might need to pump out some babies for survival. Something must change: lower fertility, more death, less food. Which one do you want? If you say none, then you better show how you can increase the size of the pie. You can't use historical evidence for this one though because historically, the European-American society always solved the problem by expanding to tribal lands and taking over. There's nowhere else to do this anymore. Sure we came up with more technologies, but technology never saved us from anything in the past.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 09-13-2012 at 03:44 PM.

  6. #66
    Grok's Avatar
    Grok is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    LakeRidge Golf Course
    Posts
    3,682
    Lew Rockwell posted a great educational video today about free market environmentalism covering topics, like air pollution, paper versus plastic, overpopulation, forests, running out of resources, species extinction, environmental racism, global warming, and buying local.

    Libertarianism and Environmentalism « LewRockwell.com Blog


  7. #67
    cori93437's Avatar
    cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central FL
    Posts
    6,656
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    Well, it could happen if things collapse. That's a whole 'nother discussion.
    Yeah, I kind of meant "isn't happening voluntarily by the powers that be..." and all that you know.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.


  8. #68
    Lily Marie's Avatar
    Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    717
    How many of you dudes carry your phones by your balls?

  9. #69
    wiltondeportes's Avatar
    wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    Lew Rockwell posted a great educational video today about free market environmentalism covering topics, like air pollution, paper versus plastic, overpopulation, forests, running out of resources, species extinction, environmental racism, global warming, and buying local.

    Libertarianism and Environmentalism « LewRockwell.com Blog

    Summarize. If you can't write how you feel on the topics in a few paragraphs, you don't know them well enough. I don't have time to watch a 42 minute video.

  10. #70
    Grok's Avatar
    Grok is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    LakeRidge Golf Course
    Posts
    3,682
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    Summarize. If you can't write how you feel on the topics in a few paragraphs, you don't know them well enough. I don't have time to watch a 42 minute video.
    Well, I would do the great Walter Block an injustice if I tried to summarize his educational lecture in a few paragraphs.

    All pollution is caused either directly or indirectly by government. Free market forces are the ultimate regulations on environmental control.

    The biggest insight I got out of the video was when he explained that the only reason why there was a lot of pollution in the industrial age was because the government, which had a monopoly on justice, was not enforcing property rights.

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •