Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Paleo Stop the Infertility Epidemic? page 6

wiltondeportes Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post

I think it's time to quit the internet.
    I think there's a church in the 1700's waiting for its brimstone and fire from one "DavidBrennan".

"I'm logical, but I don't want to share my logic"
    Please share
    "No, you're sterile and impotent"
    Okie dokie

kenn is offline Senior Member
    OP is awesome

The rest of you are just haters
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Quote Originally Posted by jojohaligo View Post
    The solution for Russia is to allow more immigration, especially from China since they don't have enough women anyway.

Another solution would be for the really fertile males to rent out their services and spread it around a little.

Yet, another solution would be to get rid of poverty, mandate the primal diet (ie make it a law), and then hopefully there will be more sperm.

Things change so who knows how it could go...

PS - the assault on male bodies is bad, and so is the chemical assault on female bodies
    Immigration from China is not a viable solution for any country in the long run. Han coming out of China are more resistant to assimilation than ever and that would bode very poorly for a country like Russia that is facing a massive population shift.

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    Please, enlighten me on environmental history and the countless other concepts that show why the world does not have a population bigger than its stable carrying capacity.
    So you know what the "carrying capacity" is?

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    According to a 1970 Nixon-Rockefeller foundation report there is no exotic advantage to the us having a population higher than 200m.

On my phone you can look it

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    Given how huge the human population is compared to what the planet can sustain, I don't really see low fertility being a bad thing.
    Clearly you have no clue about how large the human population is and/or what the planet can sustain.

Secondly, as long as you have free markets and don't have governments with their guns trying to interfere with prices, then it is impossible to run out of resources.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    If we want to get into some science, there's a lot of interesting work at the Weston A Price Foundation web site about the impact of soy on fertility, as well as on sperm motility, etc.

There is also information out there somewhere (can't remember where I read it) with studies showing that the chemicals in diapers that we put on our boys these days is decreasing their fertility as well.

There are issues with infertility. I don't know if it's "epidemic" but I think that there are a lot of factors in the big picture:

1. that educated people tend to have fewer children, which slows population growth. this is generally a choice, not a situation of infertility. But, it's why many nations are seeing zero population or negative population growths.

2. in general, people are having children later in life rather than earlier, simply because they want to be more established before having children. as we age, fertility decreases in women, enough that it might be seen as a fertility issue.

2.b. women who use birth control (chemical) over a long period might have a longer period to develop fertility after going off the pill/hormones/whatever when they are ready to have children. while some women have no reaction and can immediately regain fertility, other women might take 1-5 years in order to become consistently fertile again, setting back the age at which they'll be able to have children (aging all the while, one might say, see 2). WAPF information here, btw.

3. some people have always had fertility issues -- meaning a certain part of the population always has -- and they are more vocal and open about it now than before, and there are more treatment options available than ever before.

End of the day, it could just be a matter of people being more open and vocal about it, as well as redefining the term itself. As in, back in the day, trying and failing to get pregnant many times equals infertility and no one talked about it, whereas today, if you don't get pregnant in the first year that you try, then you are put into the category of being infertile and starting on different fertility development options. Some people call themselves infertile if they don't get pregnant on the first 3-6 tries (less than a year).

Definitely, there are a lot of components to this discussion.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    OP,
    China does not have a fertility problem... unless you count being TOO fertile.
    (Too fertile for the governments liking anyway.)
    Their out of whack m/f ratio is cause by one thing, and its NOT infertility or odd birth rate...
    It's infanticide.
    Mostly infanticide of first born female children (because they prefer sons), but also of unplanned second children because they cannot afford to pay the rather hefty fine.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    I don't and neither do you. I do know that we lose top soil, we have seen overfishing in the oceans over the past couple years, the climate may or may not be changing due to us, we are consuming oil way faster than it replentishes, we pollute waterways faster than they 'cleanse' themselves so the pollutants pile up. There are many more examples I'm sure.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    Clearly you have no clue about how large the human population is and/or what the planet can sustain.

Secondly, as long as you have free markets and don't have governments with their guns trying to interfere with prices, then it is impossible to run out of resources.
    The only totally free market is an anarchist system.

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast