Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Paleo Stop the Infertility Epidemic? page 5

DavidBrennan is offline Banned
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Why do you strike me as the kind of person to think homosexuality is a disease?

People came in here with thoughts. You should not get so up at arms that there are people in the world that disagree with you? Also, threads get off-track. It's rare that anyone will answer directly your original question. We're discussing fertility and infertility in general, sorry you are the only one interested in specifically helping every single damn male get their sperm count up.
    I think I've been clear - from literally the first post - that I specifically did not want this thread to get hijacked by the, "There are too many people! Save Mother Earth!!!" hordes which hijack any thread remotely connected to fertility, population, demographics, or futurism.

Like I said, these people hijack every thread remotely connected to this topic, like clockwork.

I had wanted to preempt that and maybe find a way to stop these assailants from assaulting people.

Think about it: the opening post here was an article about how men's bodies have been beaten up so badly that the World Health Organization has had to lower its standards for defining healthy male testicles. Not one person here has indicated that they think this assault is bad. To the contrary, they're celebrating it.

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBrennan View Post
    The vision of an already hollowed-out and dwindling country like Russia having the problem get excerbated by a bizarre epidemic of only having girls is very, very sad. This isn't about the rise and fall of some governmental regime or political ideology....this is about the survival of the very race itself.
    The solution for Russia is to allow more immigration, especially from China since they don't have enough women anyway.

Another solution would be for the really fertile males to rent out their services and spread it around a little.

Yet, another solution would be to get rid of poverty, mandate the primal diet (ie make it a law), and then hopefully there will be more sperm.

Things change so who knows how it could go...

PS - the assault on male bodies is bad, and so is the chemical assault on female bodies
    Last edited by jojohaligo; 09-13-2012 at 02:00 PM.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

wiltondeportes Guest
    Wow. This thread has turned into yet another internet thread dominated by creepy childless people who want everybody else to be childless. I explicitly requested you unnatural, sterile, barren people not post here in the OP because of your tendency to dominate internet threads with your anti-human philosophical ramblings. (All the useful people are too busy tending to their children to get in these dumb arguments, apparently.)

So I don't want to get into a discussion about "overpopulation" because experience has taught me that you people tend to be fundamentalists and fundamentalists just don't care about information or ideas. You're convinced that "Mother Earth" has "too many people" and some external force must stop people from fulfilling the most Primal need of all: procreation.

You're ignorant of human resourcefulness, economics, environmental history, Moore's Law, and countless other vitally relevant concepts. It's not my job to educate you, and experience has taught me that there's no point in it, anyhow.

Suffice to say: Just don't have children and keep your creepy, impotent and barren hands off my body and my family's bodies.

Anyway, this thread was started because of a frightening study showing that, globally, sperm levels are dropping so rapidly that the World Health Organization has had to drastically recalibrate to get a new "average", which is about 8% of what the average was two generations ago. I don't know what's causing this epidemic of sterility, but I actually hope that it's something related to diet so that it can be solved. Any ideas or solutions are welcome.
    Please, enlighten me on environmental history and the countless other concepts that show why the world does not have a population bigger than its stable carrying capacity. I'm pro-human, but I'm also pro-systems-thinking. My look at the system of Earth and us seems to me that we are eating more resource than what grows per year. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by jojohaligo View Post
    The solution for Russia is to allow more immigration, especially from China since they don't have enough women anyway.

Another solution would be for the really fertile males to rent out their services and spread it around a little.

Yet, another solution would be to get rid of poverty, mandate the primal diet (ie make it a law), and then hopefully there will be more sperm.

Things change so who knows how it could go...
    Well, first off, just importing people from another place might then just infect them with the problem.

Second off, maybe the people in Russia don't want their genes to be eradicated and so they'd want to solve the problem rather than just giving away their land to a different race. (Would somebody say that the people in China should solve their fertility issue by just giving their lands to white men?)

As far as making the primal diet law, I think that that would be completely un-enforceable. Hell, the government can't even regulate individual substances like alcohol (Prohibition = failure) or marijuana (prohibition = failure), so logically then there's no way in hell they could control all foods and the diets of every individual. That would require insane draconian measures to even attempt, and obviously those attempts would flop, anyway.

I do think that, as a temporary stopgap, it would be better to have artificial insemination than no children at all. But that, then, leads to the problem of low fertility in women (which exists, as well) and other assorted problems.

I think the best solution would just be....a solution. Find out where this assault is coming from, and stop it.

(And, just to be clear, this is NOT just localized to Russia at all. As noted in the article, the phenomenon is global as noted by the W.H.O. in the article, and it's been well documented, to varying degrees, in both the U.S. and Canada, as well.)

PrimalMama is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Also... BC... waiting until 35-40 years old might not have anything to do with that equation other than the BC?? Because those are the PRIME baby having years??? LOL
    Derp.
    This too (just trying to keep on topic with what was originally asked...) - women are attempting to have children later and later in life. It's a lot easier to conceive as a teenager than a 40 year old for a whole slew of reasons... and when you add to "advanced maternal age" the fact that you've been on hormones to PREVENT pregnancy for many many years... it certainly doesn't help.

Now, just some observations, as I'm right around 30 and it seems like everyone I know is TTC, having a baby, just had a baby, or... something like that - I'm not trying to be a troll here, just trying to add my 2¢...
    The world population is increasing, that's not a question in my mind. However, it seems like SO MANY people I know are having difficulty conceiving or had to take drugs or do IVF... BUT I also know several people personally that have conceived twins without a family history of twins OR any special treatments... these two things sadden and alarm me, respectively... and together they make me wonder a lot about our food and water supplies in general.

okay, I'm done now...

Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    Please, enlighten me on environmental history and the countless other concepts that show why the world does not have a population bigger than its stable carrying capacity. I'm pro-human, but I'm also pro-systems-thinking. My look at the system of Earth and us seems to me that we are eating more resource than what grows per year. Prove me wrong.
    I don't like sterile, impotent dudes trying to boss me around. So STFU.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMama View Post
    This too (just trying to keep on topic with what was originally asked...) - women are attempting to have children later and later in life. It's a lot easier to conceive as a teenager than a 40 year old for a whole slew of reasons... and when you add to "advanced maternal age" the fact that you've been on hormones to PREVENT pregnancy for many many years... it certainly doesn't help.

Now, just some observations, as I'm right around 30 and it seems like everyone I know is TTC, having a baby, just had a baby, or... something like that - I'm not trying to be a troll here, just trying to add my 2¢...
    The world population is increasing, that's not a question in my mind. However, it seems like SO MANY people I know are having difficulty conceiving or had to take drugs or do IVF... BUT I also know several people personally that have conceived twins without a family history of twins OR any special treatments... these two things sadden and alarm me, respectively... and together they make me wonder a lot about our food and water supplies in general.

okay, I'm done now...
    Yeah, I definitely think that the age has a lot to do with it, too. No doubt. (If I recall correctly, female pregnancy - at least for women who have not previously had children - drops, like, exponentially starting at age 30. Such that if you haven't had a child by age 35, it's almost impossible to have one for the first time, then - at least without IVF or whatever.)

But the issue of the sperm count itself (as well as the quality of the sperm) was, I can only assume, controlled for age. So the root cause of this is unrelated to that cultural element, presumably.

Thank you for your sympathetic sentiments and your ideas on this subject.

wiltondeportes Guest
    I don't like sterile, impotent dudes trying to boss me around. So STFU.
    ??

Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    Back on topic, here's a cool article about the abysmal libido of Japanese youth nowadays.

Japanese youth doesn't care about sex

''The survey, conducted by the Japan Family Planning Association, found that 36% of males aged 16 to 19 said that they had "no interest" in or even "despised" sex. That's almost a 19% increase since the survey was last conducted in 2008.

If that's not bad enough, The Wall Street Journal reports that a whopping 59% of female respondents aged 16 to 19 said they were uninterested in or averse to sex, a near 12% increase since 2008.''

Crazy stuff.

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member

I think it's time to quit the internet.
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast