Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Paleo Stop the Infertility Epidemic? page 3

wiltondeportes Guest
    Shop Now
    Only YOU can prevent forest fires. And, only YOU can stop the infertility epidemic. Now get out there tiger!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    Given how huge the human population is compared to what the planet can sustain, I don't really see low fertility being a bad thing.
    My thoughts exactly.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Is a great fertilizer
    If I could sprinkle the line this thread is selling around my Calamondin tree, I'd have a BUMPER crop!
    I'd be in regular Calamondin heaven.

As it it... I guess I'll have to keep composting.
    Internetz crapola doesn't transfer too well.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Horseshit.
    X eleventy billion.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    In the past, people bred like rabbits because 1) we were mostly an agrarian society and children = free labor, and 2) no reliable birth control.

Anyway, with China and India having a massive deficit of girls due to infanticide/selective birth, it'll all balance out somewhere.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    I don't think diet alone can stop the "infertility epidemic" - there are plenty of other factors, but most of them (like diet) boil down to making smart choices about what you put in your body.
    one example: I'm amazed by how many women take hormonal birth control for 20 years and then wonder why on earth they can't get pregnant.

DavidBrennan is offline Banned
    Wow. This thread has turned into yet another internet thread dominated by creepy childless people who want everybody else to be childless. I explicitly requested you unnatural, sterile, barren people not post here in the OP because of your tendency to dominate internet threads with your anti-human philosophical ramblings. (All the useful people are too busy tending to their children to get in these dumb arguments, apparently.)

So I don't want to get into a discussion about "overpopulation" because experience has taught me that you people tend to be fundamentalists and fundamentalists just don't care about information or ideas. You're convinced that "Mother Earth" has "too many people" and some external force must stop people from fulfilling the most Primal need of all: procreation.

You're ignorant of human resourcefulness, economics, environmental history, Moore's Law, and countless other vitally relevant concepts. It's not my job to educate you, and experience has taught me that there's no point in it, anyhow.

Suffice to say: Just don't have children and keep your creepy, impotent and barren hands off my body and my family's bodies.

Anyway, this thread was started because of a frightening study showing that, globally, sperm levels are dropping so rapidly that the World Health Organization has had to drastically recalibrate to get a new "average", which is about 8% of what the average was two generations ago. I don't know what's causing this epidemic of sterility, but I actually hope that it's something related to diet so that it can be solved. Any ideas or solutions are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMama View Post

I'm amazed by how many women take hormonal birth control for 20 years and then wonder why on earth they can't get pregnant.
    Yes. I have first-hand experience with this with an ex-girlfriend who's now been "TTC" for about two years. It's very heartbreaking to watch a seemingly healthy young woman not be able to have a child. Her and her fiance will end up having to pay a doctor tens of thousands of dollars just to be able to do something that should be as natural as breathing.

I've heard of all sorts of bizarre side-effects of these birth control pills, including one from a smart dude who I trusted a lot. But I never really got into the nitty-gritty of it (maybe I'm too focused on the male component of things).

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I'm not sterile or childless or barren.
    But I did decide, with a very clear conscience, NOT to have a whole freaking LITTER of the little darlings.

You, my dear weird man, are the creepy one.

Now, instead of sitting there typing... get out and impregnate as many women as possible and STOP this CRISIS!!! OR the human race will cease to EXIST!

Also... BC... waiting until 35-40 years old might not have anything to do with that equation other than the BC?? Because those are the PRIME baby having years??? LOL
    Derp.
    Last edited by cori93437; 09-13-2012 at 12:57 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Now, instead of sitting there typing... get out and impregnate as many women as possible and STOP this CRISIS!!! OR the human race will cease to EXIST!
    Oh, hilarious!

What idiocy.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBrennan View Post
    Wow. This thread has turned into yet another internet thread dominated by creepy childless people who want everybody else to be childless. I explicitly requested you unnatural, sterile, barren people not post here in the OP because of your tendency to dominate internet threads with your anti-human philosophical ramblings. (All the useful people are too busy tending to their children to get in these dumb arguments, apparently.)
    If you weren't such a reactionary jackass, insulting people who've made different choices than you, then the "Darwinian dead ends" wouldn't be here. And I have to agree with Cori. You're coming across as pretty damned creepy, getting all up in the privates of everyone who isn't in lock-step with your ideas.

*Oh yeah, and are you new to the internet or something? Once you post something it's fair game to whoever wants to partake, no matter how much you baw about it..

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast