Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Paleo Stop the Infertility Epidemic? page 16

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBrennan View Post
    You guys are just hilarious, celebrating each other's lame jokes.

What useless nothings.
    Said an equally useless nothing...

Awwwww... big hug circle.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

DavidBrennan is offline Banned
    Anybody who could post something helpful or useful would be really appreciated. This mob has kinda overrun their thread and bullied me into helplessness (the "Save Mother Earth/There are Too Many People" cultists do this everywhere) and I don't have the time or desire to try and keep this thread afloat.

If anybody can stand up to the bullies and maybe offer something helpful to people, that'd be cool.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    It's not too early for xmas carols yet, is it?

This thread starts off with a terrifying story about the World Health Organization having to drastically lower the average value of "normal" sperm count. Just really chilling stuff.

What? I saw no drastic terrifying or chilling information. *shrug*
    Maybe I saw you making a bunch of sensationalist claims about some mediocre information that can be interpreted several ways according to how a person feels that day... or how cracked they already are...

Because you people do it at every internet forum, I explicitly asked that this thread be devoted to information, to assisting people who might have fertility issues related to diet, and to diagnosing the larger issue.

Maybe this happens EVERY time, because you are so wrong? Just a though....
    Also... I'm not a "you people", I'm just me. I have provided several pieces of relevant information that you have chosen to ignore. You cannot diagnose the "larger issue" because infertility is an issue of the individual. And of individual areas. If an individual is infertile then they have to address it themselves, through diet and other means available to them such as the good sense not to wait until 40 to have their first baby... I also offered that information.
    No advice in this thread is going to reach the governmet of Russia and stop the "assault" YOU believe is happening on on those men's poor little testicles.
    Also, no one is assaulting YOU. Or advocating any assault.
    You are in control of you, just like every other human being .

It didn't do any good. As always, the childless mob came in celebrating the infertility epidemic.

I'm not childless. I'm not celebrating the "infertility epidemic"... I honestly do not believe one exists.

I try to concede their impotence and sterility: good for you. You're sterile and have no reproductive drive. Fine. ....But it doesn't do any good. They're obsessed with trying to assault (or have the government assault) OTHER people to make them sterile, too.

I am not impotent. My parts function very well, thank you. I am female and I do not suffer from low sexual desire, low arousal, difficulty with orgasm, problems of adequate lubrication, or just overall difficulties with sexual enjoyment.
    I actually had a fabulous orgasm just yesterday. So did my husband. He isn't impotent either.
    I'm also not sterile. I have reproduced, and all of my reproductive organs are still in good health. I just choose not to continue to pump out children, because a vagina is not a clown car.

Again, no one is assaulting or trying to have any government assault you. (Paranoid much???)
    You and every other person is in charge of their own body, just like I'm in charge of mine.

Now we've had at least two people with tragic fertility issues post here. Not one person has offered any useful information or assistance. Instead, the childless hordes (who are completely ignorant of economics and system dynamics that actually effect "Mother Earth" that they're so obsessed with) celebrate these people's medical struggles and respond with....idiot graphical puns that wouldn't make a seven year old giggle.

I'm sorry but I really don't find infertility tragic. Is it sad for some people, sure. But TRAGIC... c'mon? Kids suffering and dying from cancer or being abuse to near death... TRAGIC. Lack of ability to conceive... you see a doctor and get some help. Maybe you adopt a baby who needs parents...
    And yes I do know some couples who have had to go both routes. All are happy families, both those who waited until late 35-40 and needed medical assistance becoming pregnant, and those who adopted.
    No one here is "celebrating" anyone's medical struggles. You're just ridiculous enough to twist this whole thing up into that.
    Also, there are real actual infertility threads on this board, with real actual helpful information.
    I'm pretty sure no one wants to be helpful to you/with you in this thread mostly just because of your stellar personality.

Grow the up, get a life, and stop hijacking the thread intended to diagnose a problem and assist people with it.
    No.
    Last edited by cori93437; 09-15-2012 at 11:40 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Anybody who could post something helpful or useful would be really appreciated. This mob has kinda overrun their thread and bullied me into helplessness (the "Save Mother Earth/There are Too Many People" cultists do this everywhere) and I don't have the time or desire to try and keep this thread afloat.

If anybody can stand up to the bullies and maybe offer something helpful to people, that'd be cool.
    "Bullied" says the man calling people "limp, impotent, and barren" "useless nothings".

Actually... many of us have asked questions and tried to have discourse with you. But you simply didn't like what we had to say, or what we wished to discuss, and told us to basically shut up and go away. Using a lot of not very nice language...

Anyway.
    The people you are referring to here who have come forward to say that they have fertility issues are having those issues discussed in depth in other areas of the forum I assure you.
    They were being discussed before you arrived and they will be discussed after you leave.
    They don't need your brand of insanity to save them...

They have ME!
    Last edited by cori93437; 09-15-2012 at 11:25 PM.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Replying to some comments from a few days ago, because this post is a giant hilarious pile of WTF and I only just now got through it and found some stuff actually worth referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    1. that educated people tend to have fewer children, which slows population growth. this is generally a choice, not a situation of infertility. But, it's why many nations are seeing zero population or negative population growths.

2. in general, people are having children later in life rather than earlier, simply because they want to be more established before having children. as we age, fertility decreases in women, enough that it might be seen as a fertility issue.

2.b. women who use birth control (chemical) over a long period might have a longer period to develop fertility after going off the pill/hormones/whatever when they are ready to have children. while some women have no reaction and can immediately regain fertility, other women might take 1-5 years in order to become consistently fertile again, setting back the age at which they'll be able to have children (aging all the while, one might say, see 2). WAPF information here, btw.
    So yeah, Mr. Onalark and me are 1. and 2. We went to college, we worked tech jobs, we didn't meet until later in life, we at first thought we weren't going to have any spawn at all. Then he went paleo, a lot of his physical problems cleared up, and suddenly he was in on makin' babies.

In regards to 2. and birth control and later in life fertility -- here's my track record: went off birth control in June 2011, started regular periods in July 2011. Decided in April 2012 to start "trying", got pregnant in May 2012. Had a miscarriage in July 2012, and immediately got pregnant at the start of August 2012. Throughout all this, we've been eating (mostly) paleo, or at the very least very close to WAPF guidelines.

Do I think the diet has something to do with it? Well, it had enough to do with it that it changed Mr. Onalark's mind on whether or not he wanted kids. But having never "tried" on a solid SAD diet, I can't really say what's made me so gosh darn fertile. It could just be good genes (Mom had 4 kids before she got her tubes tied). It could be the liver pate. Unless we invent a time machine that allows visiting separate timelines, we really can't say for sure.

But yeah, I've been hearing for the last five years the clamor of "don't wait too long! your ovaries will dry up and your uterus will fall out like a rusted car engine!" There's still a chance everything will go south with this, pregnancy #2, but so far so good, and like the cobbler who spreads out bread crumbs for the fairies, I'm just going to keep eating my blood and guts in case it is the thing making this whole pregnancy thing so easy to do.

I know there are ladies in the primalsphere who have tried diet to cure their infertility. And I know it hasn't worked. I wish it did. I wish this were a magic bullet. I really do.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i have no desire to put my hands on any part of your body

you haven't even taken me out to dinner. you cad. you brute.

and my ovaries are the succulent ones, i've seen them on ultrasound and everything

it makes hydraulic noises too, that's how i know to brace myself for what's coming
    Bloodorchid, I fucking love you.

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    Not entirely sure what you were trying to express here,
    Pretty obvious by the rest of your response. But, if you read the post ahead of mine, there is a very fanciful post that quotes the bible and talks about "God's government." I think that this is a ridiculous obfuscation of really complex issues worth discussing: population density and resources of our planet; issues regarding fertility in general (what causes infertility in men and women, and how we can overcome that to the best of our ability individually and as a group); as well as a rational discussion on the philosophical underpinnings that might influence a person's decision in how they approach these issues.

No, instead, lets have a fancy about "god's government" (or for that matter, a libertarian utopia).

other than it seemed like you were the latest in the long line of creepy, impotent dudes here with no drive to procreate and spread your genes.
    obviously, you haven't read my posts. All of them have been on the topic that you started -- about the causes of infertility.

likewise, I am not a "dude" (ie, male), but rather a fertile adult woman who has one child. I am also not impotent, though I'm not sure how that works for women.

Whether or not I have a "drive" to spread my genes is up to a lot of debate, see construct regarding philosophy above. we haven't spoken to my specific philosophy, so it's really rather wrong to assume that it's this or that philsophy.

That's fine: you're a Darwinian dead-end, and our species will be rid of you for all eternity very soon. This is your choice, and that's perfectly fine.
    If a person is infertile for reasons beyond their control, it is not their choice. If they choose not to procreate for a variety of reasons, that is their choice -- if it's perfectly fine by you, why attack someone?

I also have a child, so on that note, I am not a "darwinian dead end." I have a son, and he is quite healthy and strong, and likely well be into adulthood. At age 4, he and his girlfriend are discussing having at least two children, and it's common to have relatively large families here in NZ, so I'm sure he'll be culturally influenced that way -- regardless of whether or not my husband and I choose to have more children (at this point, we are choosing not to, for a myriad of reasons, most of which have nothing to do with your incoherent rant -- nor does it have anything to do with my ferility or my husband's, we are fine).

But it's NOT perfectly fine that you seemed to then be saying (though it was hard to tell with your incoherent writing) that you want the government to go in and assault people to force them to be sterile and impotent like you. I believe in individual freedom, not having impotent strange dudes make life decisions for others.
    I never stated this, so I have no idea what you are talking about or why you are attributing it to me and what you quoted from me.

I simply asserted that I would rather discuss the myriad of interesting issues inherent in the topic of fertility, without dancing through a discussion about "god's government" (and for the record, I also implied that I didn't really care for a discussion on a libertarian's utopia-government either). In fact, while government is an interesting element of this issue -- or rather, one of many -- I consider it one of the least interesting personally, which is why I haven't talked about it.

And with that, I'm more than happy to "leave you alone" considering you are so bizarrely incoherent and can't seem to put together any sort of rational or reasonable argument for or against anyone. Why you attribute all of this to me is. . .quite honestly ridiculous, and perhaps you should get your head checked.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    i fucking love you too
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    if i were to bear children, they would look like that

you know, hairy
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i fucking love you too
    Let's go off and make infertile limp-gened girl-babies.

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast