Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Paleo Stop the Infertility Epidemic? page 13

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBrennan View Post
    Thanks for the absolutely useless declarative statement. You could've just started it with, "Hark!" or "I declare!"

And if you really think there are "too many people", well, charity starts at home, as they say!

(Funnily, my dad just got back from a week-long kayaking trip on Lake Superior. So last night he was talking about it and he kept on carrying on about how desolate and remote the region is, how you can drive, hike, bike, and kayak around for days on end without seeing a single other human being. Needless to say, most people get really lonely really quickly, and race back to the city. For those people who think there are too many people, you can move up there. Or Montana, Nebraska, the Dakotas, Wyoming, Alaska, etc., etc., etc.)

(Also, please don't actually kill yourself. I believe all life is sacred.)
    i am not allowed to suicide, it is in my contract, however i wont be adding any defective offspring to the biosphere i cherish. when you stop and think about all the humans who are irredeemable versus those who have a modicum of value to the planet and their fellow man you might actually feel differently

or not

my best male friend and I do not see eye to eye on this. he would pay for every gutter snipe on the planet, just too kind-hearted to step on the roaches that overwhelm him

me on the other hand... kill them all and let God sort them out... most of us don't deserve to be here, we are here, but we certainly have not earned the right to live let alone to send our diseased perverted and totally degraded DNA forward into the future.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member

And if you really think there are "too many people", well, charity starts at home, as they say!
    oh gosh...
    you don't even make sense...
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    Of course there are always opportunists who seek to make money off of the victims of disasters, which I doubt would change under a different political system. Some people are just bastards.
    Like FEMA.

Grok is offline Senior Member
    You should also understand that people who raise their prices during a disaster are actually helping people. They are ensuring that the people who need the items the most obtain them.

Using violence to force prices at a certain level helps no one.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    So how do increase the odds of having a boy?
    Employ the Chinese method.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    after the sand, the splinter covered stick could use a removal from the behind as well
    I actually think he likes that one though...

And Quelson, my sweet Honey Badger...
    Last edited by cori93437; 09-14-2012 at 11:33 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

homunculus is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    This is exactly what I was thinking myself, but I hadn't communicated it. Dwindling fertility is the market's response to dwindling ability to consume.

Here's a very basic element of ecology. If a population of anything is well-fed and taken care of, they grow. The reason that population of whatever species exists at that point in time is because it outgrew whatever existed before it, so there is guaranteed evidence that the said species can grow. If our species doesn't get less food or suffer more deaths, it will lower its fertility. This could be a permanent gene thing, but more likely it is a cultural meme (belief) and lifestyle (ie nutrition) that can be reversed whenever our species might need to pump out some babies for survival. Something must change: lower fertility, more death, less food. Which one do you want? If you say none, then you better show how you can increase the size of the pie. You can't use historical evidence for this one though because historically, the European-American society always solved the problem by expanding to tribal lands and taking over. There's nowhere else to do this anymore. Sure we came up with more technologies, but technology never saved us from anything in the past.
    +1
    why didn't I think of that, I'm pretty sure I learned this in a basics biology class. This answer makes the most sense.
    “There is immeasurably more left inside than what comes out in words…”
    — Fyodor Dostoevsky

Kenzington is offline Senior Member
    There are so many things that are adding to the infertility epidemic as others have cited. Not just diet

Stress Levels
    Older Parents (Most people I know, myself included are not procreating until a bit later in life and it's a relatively new thing species-speaking)
    Household Chemicals and other chemicals we're exposed to

Diet is for sure a role and it's also my understanding (someone correct or confirm for me) that the increasingly high acidic diet and overall body pH is more hostile to the Y sperm so it's becoming increasingly hard to conceive boys.

At any rate, populations (human or otherwise) have always been 'naturally' controlled anyway by new diseases (bubonic plague, AIDS anyone?), natural disasters etc. I don't think nature is responding by making people infertile per se. I think there's certainly enough evidence to think that we are doing that to ourselves with our lifestyles and environment.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    There's an infertility epidemic? Let's see.... fewer people = fewer idiots = less stress = less cortisol = easier weight loss and maintenance. Okay, I'm for it.

Someone asked about increasing chances for a male birth. If I'm remembering correctly, the little y spermies swim faster, but die off faster than the little x spermies. So you want to copulate closer to ovulation for a boy. There's also something you can do for the ph in the vaginal vault as y spermies thrive in a different ph than x spermies.

(I can't believe I wrote the whole above paragraph without ever using the phrases "shoot your wad" or "vajayjay.")

DuhPrincess is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the absolutely useless declarative statement. You could've just started it with, "Hark!" or "I declare!"

(Funnily, my dad just got back from a week-long kayaking trip on Lake Superior. So last night he was talking about it and he kept on carrying on about how desolate and remote the region is, how you can drive, hike, bike, and kayak around for days on end without seeing a single other human being. Needless to say, most people get really lonely really quickly, and race back to the city. For those people who think there are too many people, you can move up there. Or Montana, Nebraska, the Dakotas, Wyoming, Alaska, etc., etc., etc.)

(Also, please don't actually kill yourself. I believe all life is sacred.)
    DavidBrennan, my reply is just for you (so the rest of you keep moving...nothing to see here folks): Believing all life is sacred is a clear minority on this forum. At least God agrees with you. He says in Psalms 139:16 "Your eyes saw even the embryo of me, And in your book all its parts were down in writing." Interesting scripture when you consider that thousands of years later we now understand the blueprint of DNA. Many of the reasons for infertility that came to my mind have already been mentioned such as fluoridated water and various other toxins. There are pockets of severe Iodine Deficiency in various part of the world as well. Fluoride replaces iodine in the body so it's a double whammy for people living in those deficient areas who also drink fluoridated water. And there's the plastics that leach into our food and affect our hormones. And I agree that GMO Soy is nasty stuff for hormone balance in both men & women. Birth control has messed up many women's reproductive health for good. Add to that MSG which is in most processed foods including baby food. And let's not forget Aspartame which affects the brain just like MSG does. Excess sugar consumption isn't helping anyone. High sodium content instead of quality sea salt is what you find in most food. And then there's the tons of mercury spewed into our environment by coal burning each year. Mercury is considered one of the most toxic substances on Earth yet it's regularly injected directly into the bodies of infants & children along with aluminum and yes, the Flu Shot does contain mercury.

So what's the solution? There is one but, trust me, few here want to hear it. So DavidBrennan, maybe you do. Or maybe you don't. Mankind has tried every conceivable type of government but not one can or does help each and every one of its citizens. No man or politican can help every person no matter how much they sincerely want to help. People are divided on every single topic (cripe, just read this forum to see how divided everyone is about everything from carbs to iodine to childbearing) so earthly rulers have no clear direction on whom to help first or which laws to pass which are clearly beneficial for the majority. Justice is rare. The Earth is capable of producing enough food for everyone but because of political and commerical greed, 40,000 children die of hunger on average every day according to the last statistic I read. This will only get worse as GMO's & Roundup Ready pesticides take over our food supply and slowly ruin everyone's health (they destroy the gut which leads to all sorts of health issues including cancer). GMO's do not improve crop production as promised. GMO alfalfa is coming and I read that even Whole Foods is giving up the fight against it. So even our organic Grass-fed beef will now be tainted.

The size of the earth is about 57,000,000 acres. If 20,000,000,000 (20 billion) people lived on the earth at one time, that would mean that if 1/2 the earth was set aside (or 28,500,000 acres), that would leave 20 billion people with about 0.37 acre each on the other 28.5 million acres. The earth was meant to be populated with perfect people. But because of our first parent's disobedience, they were cast out of their beautiful paradise as they had been warned would happen if they ate what was not theirs to eat. Then they toiled to grow crops until they died. Their sin brought imperfection and eventually a death sentence to all of their offspring--including us. We continue to get further from perfection with each generation and it's obvious. Christ lived a perfect life during his short 33 1/2 years on earth before his Sacrificial Death. He did for us what Adam failed to do--maintain his integrity as a perfect man (he's called the "last Adam" in the 1 Cor 15:45), support our Creator's right to rule over us and sanctify his Father's name while on the earth. So this opens the way for not only perfect life for all of us in the future, but a "standing up" or resurrection of those who have already died. Jesus said, "Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice*and come out" but how can you do anything BUT marvel at the prospect of seeing your dead loved ones alive again? Does anybody reading this post (and hating it) have anything better to offer for our future?

The Earth was not meant to be overpopulated; God told Adam & Eve to "fill the earth and subdue it." Not overfill it. All I can say for a certainty is that God will soon destroy all of the human governments because they are imperfect and ineffectual. Then his Son, Christ Jesus, will then rule over the Earth. A perfect government under the rulership of a loving Heavenly King along with his co-rulers who will heal the sick & raise the dead. No human ruler can do these things. Basically, we're talking about an entire world without death and taxes or political boundries or dangerous criminals or religious zealots. And yet, there will be enjoyable work and an abundance of peace for all. Why so few people wish to research this further I will never understand. So infertility and all other health problems will soon be a thing of the past once God's appointed time to take action finally arrives. He will literally clean up this earth and "bring to ruin those ruining the earth" according to Revelation 11:18. Even Obama was quoting Revelation 21:3,4 on TV after the Colorado mass shooting tragedy. I doubt he truly understands what it all means though. He read, "With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: 'Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them.*And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.'” He should read Daniel 2:44 too as it would be a real eye opener for him.

God's new gov't will have some basic rules for it's citizens. For example, if you want to officially become a USA citizen, you have to learn about the gov't, pass a test and take an oath to live by its laws or you can be denied citizenship or even be deported. God's gov't (or Kingdom) is the same way. The beauty of this is that everyone has a choice of whether they want to follow the rules and live here forever OR thumb their nose at God's standards and risk giving up His precious gift of life. God basically begs us to choose life and keep living. Obviously, I have faith that our Creator does care about us and will soon fix everything wrong on this earth. I only wish I knew how much longer we have to endure before our relief comes. But it will come at God's appointed time whether we want it or not.

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Personally, I found procreation quite easy... (I mean... like... "Oh, let's have a baby next September" and next September we had a baby, type easy).

But really, there's always been infertility, and I guess there always will be. There's new technology now that can enable infertile couples to become pregant... in many cases, it's probably not a good idea (for example that type of IVF where a single sperm cell is injected into an ovum... that makes me shudder... MILLIONS of sperm are supposed to compete for that one egg for a reason).

But I can't criticise people for using methods like this to have a child, when they're unable to conceive. Unfortunately, there's a good reason why we probably shouldn't all be procreating.

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast