Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Paleo Stop the Infertility Epidemic? page 10

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Nah, it started out as a cluster-fuck.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    Yeah, the OP pretty much guaranteed that by telling everyone who disagreed with him to STFU and GTFO of "his" thread on this free public forum.

Not the approach most conducive to reasoned and civil discourse, IMO.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Haters win another thread

Heaven forbid someone not agree with the thread hijackers
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Speaking of which, S and I were out for coffee this afternoon and we sat out on the patio. The table next to us had a guy who used fuck like this example: "I fuckin' told her to fuckin' put the fuckin' bowl fuckin' down."
    We thought it was hilarious, and nearly snorted our coffees because we had just finished a conversation on the optimum times to say fuck.

By the way some people use DH or something like that, for spouses I think... I've been thinking it's strange how all these people have partners with the same initials.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Well, in the case of a disaster my neighbors would be in the same boat as me, my family wouldn't be able to get help to me and the churches would already be swamped. I may be fairly comfortable financially but at $10 a pop my charity would only go so far. While I would certainly do what I could to help those around me I wouldn't be dropping the thousands of dollars it would cost to help those that could be helped for much less without the price gouging. And where are the churches supposed to get the money and supplies if vendors can charge whatever they want?
    If everyone is in such a sorry situation where nobody can help anyone else out, then the government isn't going to help you either.

I wasn't there in Katrina, but I heard the government did a really lousy job. Rounding up people's guns and such.

You would be much better off actually preparing for disaster yourself rather than having the money you would have spent on disaster preparation stolen from you by the government so they can pay outrageous salaries and benefits to FEMA employees who do nothing but go around and take all your guns when a hurricane strikes.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Haters win another thread

Heaven forbid someone not agree with the thread hijackers
    They need fertility gods.
    Or THIS guy.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    well, i originally planned to read the first page and skip to the last. then i saw that i am one of the barren freaks who should stay away so i decided to keep reading

soo here's my thoughts, unwanted tho they may be

life for humanity isn't ideal. as a species, we are diseased and weak, yet over populated enough that we encroach on other species and drive them to extinction. i believe that we need this short (evolutionary) break from populating the species so we can heal and become genetically stronger

it's not something that can be fixed in 5 minutes

and i prefer my dogs to children too, you know, cause i'm a barren freak
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

DavidBrennan is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    If we want to get into some science, there's a lot of interesting work at the Weston A Price Foundation web site about the impact of soy on fertility, as well as on sperm motility, etc.
    With regards to the soy, that is a severe goitrogen, and if you check out the ingredients on virtually any processed food (I mean, like 97% of shit at the grocery store) then, yeah, you'll find soy is in it, some way, somehow. So I most definitely think that that could be a strong, strong component of the infertility epidemic. As a perfectly logical precautionary measure, I personally think that people should avoid soy altogether, but especially people who are trying to have children.

(Here's an excellent Mercola article on the ravaging effects of processed soy.)

As far as whether soy is solely to blame, I wouldn't think so, but who knows? My guess, though, would be that many countries like Russia have less soy than the U.S., which provides subsidies for soy (and the other grains, obviously) and so, if soy were the lone culprit, than the U.S. would be the only country with this problem. But it's not. It seems to be all countries (especially countries of European descent).

Obviously, many of the other things that you'd cited (such as people choosing to be childless and people being more open and vocal about their fertility problems) are more cultural things, and are unlikely to have had any impact on the 92% reduction in sperm count.

DavidBrennan is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    life for humanity isn't ideal. as a species, we are diseased and weak, yet over populated enough that we encroach on other species and drive them to extinction. i believe that we need this short (evolutionary) break from populating the species so we can heal and become genetically stronger
    It's funny: I was get confused when I hear people talking about, "we" when discussing things, as if we're a hivemind or something. I never talk like that, "We need to ------" or "Our problem is -----".

I guess that the libertarian ethos of self-motivation and individual thinking is so deeply embedded in my worldview that I think of myself as a person first, and don't view the world in this collectivist, communist, centralized manner.

So I see the fact that your testicles are hollowed out and useless (you likely couldn't have children even if you wanted to) as an assault on you as an individual, not some sort of, I don't know, collectivist philosophical thing.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    no no, my uterus expells fetuses. my ovaries still work and are succulent and eggy

i consider myself part of the human race, when i say 'we' or 'our' i mean that on average the race i belong to is genetically weakened

you seem to feel as tho when i say 'we' i say 'you'

don't be so touchy
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast