Thread: Getting Personal page

wildwoman is offline Junior Member

Getting Personal

Shop Now
    HUGE fan of MDA and pretty consistent for quite some time. I am a small female and the suggested guidelines just made sense. As common as it is, I feel embarrassed that I have herpes. Been dealing with it for a couple decades. It was manageable but the outbreaks have become more frequent. I have blood type A and was recently told by more than one health professional that although Primal eating s healthy that it is too acidic for me. They have suggested that I switch to eating for my blood type and eat food that is more alkaline. Any thoughts?

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wildwoman View Post
    HUGE fan of MDA and pretty consistent for quite some time. I am a small female and the suggested guidelines just made sense. As common as it is, I feel embarrassed that I have herpes. Been dealing with it for a couple decades. It was manageable but the outbreaks have become more frequent. I have blood type A and was recently told by more than one health professional that although Primal eating s healthy that it is too acidic for me. They have suggested that I switch to eating for my blood type and eat food that is more alkaline. Any thoughts?
    I do not have any expertise here but diets based on blood type and/or diets that are supposed to change body pH have been debunked repeatedly by experts.

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Have you checked out this thread on paleohacks?

Fever Blisters and Vitamin D - PaleoHacks.com

A bunch of folks posted there about herpes.

Unfortunately, I don't have any personal experience to share on this topic, but from my understanding, herpes outbreaks tend to strike when people are stressed (since stress weakens the immune system), so it would seem that the best course of action would be to focus on things that help to strengthen the immune system (good quality sleep, reduce stress, eating good quality healthy foods, supplements, etc...) I've been reading lately about the immune-enhancing benefits of shark liver oil, maybe this would be a supplement worth looking into.

Here is an article by Cordain explaining why the blood type diet doesn't make any sense;

http://naturalsportsmedicine.blogspo...lood-type.html
    Last edited by BestBetter; 09-13-2012 at 05:35 AM.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Shouldn't that be 'fortunately'? (Just for a lighter comment.)

I have also read that dry-skin brushing is very good for relieving stress(short-term) and stimulating your immune system(long-term). Might be worth checking out.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    What did they suggest?

Meat and two veg presents a good balance of acidity in the meat and the alkalinity in the veg so I really can't see any issue.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I always thought that keeping (physical and psychological) stress to a minimum was the key to keeping outbreaks to a minimum. Plus also getting enough air down there.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3