Thread: Grass-Fed Whey page

BennettC is offline Senior Member

Grass-Fed Whey

Primal Fuel
    Found this grass-fed whey protein for a really good price over here. Anybody using a good grass-fed whey, what do yall think? The vanilla flavor does not have the added Xylitol and less carb so it may be a better option.
    Swanson Ultra Certified Grass-Fed Hormone-Free Chocolate Whey Protein 420 grams (14.8 oz) Pwdr - Swanson Health Products
    Last edited by BennettC; 09-12-2012 at 10:13 PM.

bump

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I don't know if this one is grass-fed, but I like that it is just whey, with less than 1% soy lecithin. No flavor at all, mixes well, reasonably priced.

https://www.znaturalfoods.com/Ultra-...-Isolate-5-lbs
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

wow thanks for that link. A really good price and superior to any other ive found. More protein and less carbs. The soy is kind of a concern but with less than 1% it cant be too much of an issue. Bulking is my main concern right now

Nicole K is offline Junior Member
    That is the brand I get and I order it via Swanson. They have free shipping deals and %age off deals periodically so I usually wait and stock up when there is a site sale. It's a mirror image of Dr. Mercola's brand but much cheaper. They have organic and non-organic. If you need Whey it's the best deal for the quality you can find up here in Chicago.
    When I use it I mix it with unsweetened almond milk, pinch of stevia, pinch of cinnamon, and a raw egg yolk.

lardomuncher is offline Senior Member
    Jay Robb whey protein is the best tasting protein I've ever had and I believe it's from grass fed cows

camel is offline Senior Member
    Whey doesn't retain any grass-fed goodness, so there's no point in paying for grass fed whey. Mark mentioned this in his article on whey before.

Thanks guys, this has been very helpful! Does anyone else think soy lectin is a huge concern?
    The product is labeled non-GMO so It cant be from GMO soybeans... and it's less than 1%
    Last edited by BennettC; 09-14-2012 at 06:18 AM.

Nicole K is offline Junior Member
    Defense Nutrition also makes a good Whey called Warrior Whey. Swanson is still cheaper though. Both are concentrates and non of that isolate garbage.
    **My rule of thumb is that when it comes to ANY meat/dairy product it's worth going organic to get cleanest possible food. I'll have to check out Mark's post on grass-fed whey but I know it came from a non-GMO grass-fed cow and I know these are clean. Clean animal, clean whey. Still gets my vote.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't think grass fed would matter much in whey either considering that there's not much fat at all in the high protein isolate kind. That and I get the mental picture of attempting to feed grass to whey. It's notoriously stubborn about eating anything really.